Hello!

  • katiedecastro
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 2, 2007
      Howdy folks! I'm new around here but am a member of a few other Yahoo!
      John Denver groups. I'm a little over fifteen and a half years old and
      I love John's music and his work. What a lovely place! I love to sing
      and finding a site dedicated to John Denver midis is--well--just
      perfect!
      I'd love to get to know all of you better so please introduce
      yourselves!

      Peace,
      Katie

      PS. I'm listening to one of the versions of "Annie's Song" right now.
      Beautiful! :D
    • cschupp05
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 4, 2007
        I know exactly what you mean about the love you have for John and his
        music. I am 50, and I started listening to John back in 1970. I love
        him still. It took a few years before I could even listen to his music
        after he died. I still get emotional, but I love his music.

        Love & Peace,

        Carol Schupp
        Montana
      • Evelyn Milian
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 4, 2007

          Hi Katie,

          Nice to ‘meet’ you, my name is Evelyn (a.k.a. Eve).  It is awesome that you are able to appreciate and love John Denver’s music being so young, you have good taste! No matter what others might say.  We are talking about beautiful music and lyrics, with great messages and stories in his songs.

          Do you sing for others?  It would be great if you sang JD songs for other people so they can receive such beautiful music from you.

          I don’t post often, but I try to read posts here several times a month.  Dave does a wonderful job in keeping us updated with midis, he’s the best.

          I look forward to reading more posts from you.

          Eve

           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          "The future of life on Earth depends on our ability to see the sacred where others see only the common."- John Denver, 1991
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 11, 2007
            Hi, Carol!
            Sorry I haven't thanked you for your welcome sooner. Our Internet has
            been down for a few days so I have not been able to get onto all of my
            beloved John Denver sites. LOL :)

            It's so nice to meet fellow admirers of John Denver, his work, and his
            music...

            Love,
            Katie

            --- In JohnDenverMidiMusic@yahoogroups.com, "cschupp05" <cschupp05@...>
            wrote:

            > I know exactly what you mean about the love you have for John and his
            > music. I am 50, and I started listening to John back in 1970. I love
            > him still. It took a few years before I could even listen to his
            music
            > after he died. I still get emotional, but I love his music.
            >
            > Love & Peace,
            >
            > Carol Schupp
            > Montana

          • katiedecastro
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 11, 2007
              Thanks for introducing yourself, Eve! So nice to "meet" you, too!
              Ooohh, when I read your question about my singing John's songs for
              other people, I had a tingle run down my spine. I'd love to do
              that...I'd love to be a singer....but unfortunately, I don't have the
              opportunity...NOW, anyway. :) If you know what I mean. ;)

              I have been singing with the midis on this site, though, and it's
              great fun! Of course I do have to transpose a bit....some of them are
              too high and some too low for my voice range, but all in all, I have
              a most beautiful time when I'm singing!

              Thanks again for introducing yourself. As I said in another post I
              made here, I have not been able to thank you sooner because our
              Internet has been down for a while.

              Peace,
              Katie

              --- In JohnDenverMidiMusic@yahoogroups.com, "Evelyn Milian"
              <eveflyaway@...> wrote:

              > Hi Katie,
              >

              > Nice to 'meet' you, my name is Evelyn (a.k.a. Eve). It is awesome
              that you are
              > able to appreciate and love John Denver's music being so young, you
              have good
              > taste! No matter what others might say. We are talking about
              beautiful music
              > and lyrics, with great messages and stories in his songs.
              >

              > Do you sing for others? It would be great if you sang JD songs for
              other people
              > so they can receive such beautiful music from you.
              >

              > I don't post often, but I try to read posts here several times a
              month. Dave
              > does a wonderful job in keeping us updated with midis, he's the
              best.

              > I look forward to reading more posts from you.
              >

              > Eve
              >

              > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              >
              > "The future of life on Earth depends on our ability to see the
              sacred where
              > others see only the common."- John Denver, 1991
              > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            • Laura Bollinger
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 11, 2007
                Hi Kate,

                I'm Laura. I live in Western North Carolina. I guess my story is a lot like other JD folks ... I'm 45 ... and I fell in LOVE with John back when I was about 12. He's my HERO. Not everyone can understand that.

                Don't worry about not being able to sing for others ... it has taken me a LONG, LONG time, but, I can now play the guitar and I do get to sing for some folks. (I still get quite nervous ... but, I'm getting better) Remember, John once said ... "it matters not the voice, but the message in the song" That helped me a LOT! :o) ... I guess my favorite time I ever sang a JD song was when I played for kids at a 'grief camp' (I work for a hospice and we have a one day camp for kids who are going thru grief) I played Sunshine on my Shoulders ... when I finished a little girl, about 8 came up to me and said "Sunshine was my dad's favorite song and my mon 'signed' it at his memorial" ... We'll just NEVER know how much John really ment to folks.

                I am the 'president' of the NC Friends of JD ... If you're interested, I will add you to our mailing list. I'm in the middle of changing how I do things ... due to increased responsibilities at work. We do manage to get together several times a year (several of us go to Aspen in October) ... our next get together in next month ... for a concert by Chris Nole, Pete Huttlinger and Mack Bailey (Chris and Pete are former members of John's band) it's in Albemarle, NC ... on the weekend of the Persides Meteor Showers. (John wrote about the Persides in RMH ... "I've seen it raining fire in the sky) I'm just a bit excited about it! (can you tell?)

                It's great to 'meet' you.

                Peace my Friend,
                Laura

                Check out our website ... www.NCFriendsofJD.com

                > From: "katiedecastro" <katiedecastro@...>
                > Date: 2007/07/11 Wed PM 03:07:58 EDT
                > To: JohnDenverMidiMusic@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [JohnDenverMidiMusic] Re: Hello! Katie
                >
                > Thanks for introducing yourself, Eve! So nice to "meet" you, too!
                > Ooohh, when I read your question about my singing John's songs for
                > other people, I had a tingle run down my spine. I'd love to do
                > that...I'd love to be a singer....but unfortunately, I don't have the
                > opportunity...NOW, anyway. :) If you know what I mean. ;)
                >
                > I have been singing with the midis on this site, though, and it's
                > great fun! Of course I do have to transpose a bit....some of them are
                > too high and some too low for my voice range, but all in all, I have
                > a most beautiful time when I'm singing!
                >
                > Thanks again for introducing yourself. As I said in another post I
                > made here, I have not been able to thank you sooner because our
                > Internet has been down for a while.
                >
                > Peace,
                > Katie
                >
                > --- In JohnDenverMidiMusic@yahoogroups.com, "Evelyn Milian"
                > <eveflyaway@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Katie,
                > >

                > > Nice to 'meet' you, my name is Evelyn (a.k.a. Eve). It is awesome
                > that you are
                > > able to appreciate and love John Denver's music being so young, you
                > have good
                > > taste! No matter what others might say. We are talking about
                > beautiful music
                > > and lyrics, with great messages and stories in his songs.
                > >

                > > Do you sing for others? It would be great if you sang JD songs for
                > other people
                > > so they can receive such beautiful music from you.
                > >

                > > I don't post often, but I try to read posts here several times a
                > month. Dave
                > > does a wonderful job in keeping us updated with midis, he's the
                > best.
                > >

                > > I look forward to reading more posts from you.
                > >

                > > Eve
                > >

                > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                > >
                > > "The future of life on Earth depends on our ability to see the
                > sacred where
                > > others see only the common."- John Denver, 1991
                > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              • Katherine de Castro
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 11, 2007
                  Hello, Laura!
                  What a sweet, warm welcome. It made me smile....I can tell you are
                  surely someone that I would like to get to know better. :)
                  And yes, if it's not too much trouble, I would love to be added to
                  your mailing list for "North Carolina Friends of John Denver." I
                  never tire of getting new information about John.

                  Maybe not everyone understands how you fell in love with John and how
                  he is your hero....but I do. :) Of course, I think he was a wonderful
                  man and did great, noble things, but I also want to leave that door
                  open for a special man in my life. And since it can't be John, I want
                  him to attain to all the good values that John had. I think that John
                  Denver's music, his work, and his values are so inspiring and right
                  and it makes me feel good inside whenver people do stand up for what
                  is true, what is honorable, and uplifting.

                  I like that....I truly do, "It matters not the voice, but the message
                  in the song..."
                  I love to play piano and sing, it is a joy to me to be able to do so.
                  I want to improve on both arts, however, and I'm sure that nothing
                  can accomplish this so well as practice.

                  Thanks for introducing yourself in so friendly a manner! I would like
                  to get to know you better!

                  Peace and love always,
                  Katie

                  --- In JohnDenverMidiMusic@yahoogroups.com, Laura Bollinger
                  <countryroadsnc@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > > have good
                  > > > taste! No matter what others might say. We are talking about
                  > > beautiful music
                  > > > and lyrics, with great messages and stories in his songs.
                  > > >

                  > > > Do you sing for others? It would be great if you sang JD songs
                  for
                  > > other people
                  > > > so they can receive such beautiful music from you.
                  > > >

                  > > > I don't post often, but I try to read posts here several times
                  > > month. Dave
                  > > > does a wonderful job in keeping us updated with midis, he's the
                  > > best.
                  > > >

                  > > > I look forward to reading more posts from you.
                  > > >

                  > > > Eve
                  > > >

                  > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  > > >
                  > > > "The future of life on Earth depends on our ability to see the
                  > > sacred where
                  > > > others see only the common."- John Denver, 1991

                • Evelyn Milian
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 3, 2007

                    Hi again Katie,

                    I was on a trip to my native island of Puerto Rico, so I was not able to read your last post until now.  I apologize for not reacting before to it.

                    Life is full of surprises, who knows, you might have that opportunity to sing for others one day when you less expect it.  I think that if you have such a beautiful talent for singing or playing an instrument, at least you should share it with your family and friends. If there are children in the family, sing them John Denver songs! I think music can be such a wonderful therapy, and I’ve read that children who grow up with beautiful, peaceful music tend to be more successful and stable.

                    It’s nice to hear from you.  Keep in touch when you can.

                    Eve

                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    <eveflyaway@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Katie,
                    >

                    > Nice to 'meet' you, my name is Evelyn (a.k.a. Eve). It is awesome
                    that you are
                    > able to appreciate and love John Denver's music being so young, you
                    have good
                    > taste! No matter what others might say. We are talking about
                    beautiful music
                    > and lyrics, with great messages and stories in his songs.
                    >

                    > Do you sing for others? It would be great if you sang JD songs for
                    other people
                    > so they can receive such beautiful music from you.
                    >

                    > I don't post often, but I try to read posts here several times a
                    month. Dave
                    > does a wonderful job in keeping us updated with midis, he's the
                    best.

                    > I look forward to reading more posts from you.
                    >

                    > Eve
                    >

                    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    >
                    > "The future of life on Earth depends on our ability to see the
                    sacred where
                    > others see only the common."- John Denver, 1991
                    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    >

                    > From: JohnDenverMidiMusic@yahoogroups.com

                  • Katherine de Castro
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 5, 2007
                      Thanks, Eve, for your message!
                      How was your trip? I hope you had a delightful time in Puerto Rico!

                      Our neighbor heard me playing the piano the other day when she was
                      out sitting on her porch and when we got to talking later on, she
                      said that I play beautifully! :) I really enjoy playing the piano and
                      singing. It is so pleasant....and I also love to sing with music from
                      the computer. This group is, needless to say, a treasure to me!

                      Love and peace always,

                      <eveflyaway@...> wrote:

                      > Hi again Katie,
                      >

                      > I was on a trip to my native island of Puerto Rico, so I was not
                      able to read
                      > your last post until now. I apologize for not reacting before to
                      it.

                      > Life is full of surprises, who knows, you might have that
                      opportunity to sing
                      > for others one day when you less expect it. I think that if you
                      have such a
                      > beautiful talent for singing or playing an instrument, at least you
                      should share
                      > it with your family and friends. If there are children in the
                      family, sing them
                      > John Denver songs! I think music can be such a wonderful therapy,
                      and I've read
                      > that children who grow up with beautiful, peaceful music tend to be
                      more
                      > successful and stable.
                      >

                      > It's nice to hear from you. Keep in touch when you can.
                      >

                      > Eve
                      >

                      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      >
                      > "The future of life on Earth depends on our ability to see the
                      sacred where
                      > others see only the common."- John Denver, 1991
                      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    • Evelyn Milian
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 8, 2007

                        You’re welcome Katie.

                        I had a great trip, it was wonderful to see and share with my family, most of them are in Puerto Rico.

                        It’s great that you can play the piano beautifully! It seems very difficult to do. I would love to learn to play at least a few songs, just for myself. But first I need a piano! LOL Then, I’ll need lessons.  I don’t think I’ll be very good; any musical instruments require lots of practice and patience, and as one grows older it’s even more difficult to learn a musical instrument.  I took guitar lessons for about 2 years, but I practiced too little so I’m not very good at it.  Sometimes I play for myself, it’s relaxing.

                        Until next time, take care.

                        Eve

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                        <eveflyaway@...> wrote:

                        > Hi again Katie,
                        >

                        > I was on a trip to my native island of Puerto Rico, so I was not
                        able to read
                        > your last post until now. I apologize for not reacting before to
                        it.

                        > Life is full of surprises, who knows, you might have that
                        opportunity to sing
                        > for others one day when you less expect it. I think that if you
                        have such a
                        > beautiful talent for singing or playing an instrument, at least you
                        should share
                        > it with your family and friends. If there are children in the
                        family, sing them
                        > John Denver songs! I think music can be such a wonderful therapy,
                        and I've read
                        > that children who grow up with beautiful, peaceful music tend to be
                        more
                        > successful and stable.
                        >

                        > It's nice to hear from you. Keep in touch when you can.
                        >

                        > Eve
                        >

                        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        >
                        > "The future of life on Earth depends on our ability to see the
                        sacred where
                        > others see only the common."- John Denver, 1991
                        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        >

                        > From: JohnDenverMidiMusic@yahoogroups.com

                        .

                      • Katherine de Castro
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 9, 2007
                          I find guitar more difficult than piano. But I find such pleasure in
                          playing the latter. :) *wink*

                          I'm so glad that you had a nice time in Puerto Rico!

                          <eveflyaway@...> wrote:

                          > You're welcome Katie.
                          >

                          > I had a great trip, it was wonderful to see and share with my
                          family, most of
                          > them are in Puerto Rico.
                          >

                          > It's great that you can play the piano beautifully! It seems very
                          difficult to
                          > do. I would love to learn to play at least a few songs, just for
                          myself. But
                          > first I need a piano! LOL Then, I'll need lessons. I don't think
                          I'll be very
                          > good; any musical instruments require lots of practice and
                          patience, and as one
                          > grows older it's even more difficult to learn a musical
                          instrument. I took
                          > guitar lessons for about 2 years, but I practiced too little so I'm
                          not very
                          > good at it. Sometimes I play for myself, it's relaxing.
                          >

                          > Until next time, take care.
                          >

                          > Eve
                          >

                          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          >
                          > "The future of life on Earth depends on our ability to see the
                          sacred where
                          > others see only the common."- John Denver, 1991
                          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                          s=97359714/grpId=3443833/grpspId=1705028198/msgId=490
                          > /stime=1186348076/nc1=3848445/nc2=4699082/nc3=4699089>

                        • Evelyn Milian
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 9, 2007

                            Really? I always thought piano was more difficult than guitar, but I know nothing about piano. Now that you say that, I might try some piano lessons some day.

                            Eve

                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                            <eveflyaway@...> wrote:

                            > You're welcome Katie.
                            >

                            > I had a great trip, it was wonderful to see and share with my
                            family, most of
                            > them are in Puerto Rico.
                            >

                            > It's great that you can play the piano beautifully! It seems very
                            difficult to
                            > do. I would love to learn to play at least a few songs, just for
                            myself. But
                            > first I need a piano! LOL Then, I'll need lessons. I don't think
                            I'll be very
                            > good; any musical instruments require lots of practice and
                            patience, and as one
                            > grows older it's even more difficult to learn a musical
                            instrument. I took
                            > guitar lessons for about 2 years, but I practiced too little so I'm
                            not very
                            > good at it. Sometimes I play for myself, it's relaxing.
                            >

                            > Until next time, take care.
                            >

                            > Eve
                            >

                            > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            >
                            > "The future of life on Earth depends on our ability to see the
                            sacred where
                            > others see only the common."- John Denver, 1991
                            > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            >

                            > From: JohnDenverMidiMusic@yahoogroups.com

                          • Katherine de Castro
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 10, 2007
                              You know, it's probably different for different people and a lot of
                              it may even lie in the fact that they PREFER one instrument over
                              another and are therefore willing to give it more effort. :) Sure, at
                              least give it a try! You may be one of those people who catch on
                              quick!

                              <eveflyaway@...> wrote:

                              > Really? I always thought piano was more difficult than guitar, but
                              I know
                              > nothing about piano. Now that you say that, I might try some piano
                              lessons some
                              > day.
                              >

                              > Eve

                              > "The future of life on Earth depends on our ability to see the
                              sacred where
                              > others see only the common."- John Denver, 1991

                              Katherine