Reminder: Strawberry Festival Tomorrow! (June 1)

  • funbooksmom
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2013
      Join us as we march in the Cape St Claire Strawberry Festival Parade and then perform demos down at the community beach.

      This is an annual event for Jing Ying Institute, and a bunch of fun for our students! The parade starts at the Cape Saint Claire Firehouse at 10am and ends at the beach (meet us at 9:30am if you want to be in the parade). There are lots of vendors, bands and all kinds of fun for the whole family.

      For the parade, we march, carry our banner, perform lion dance, pull the drums, play the drums, cymbals and gong, perform with weapons and perform empty hand techniques. It's hot, hard work, but everyone helps out. At the end, we do a final demonstration for the crowd, then have fun eating, playing in the water and visiting the various vendors.

      Bring a wagon for little ones to ride in and don't forget sunscreen, hats, and something to drink. Proudly wear your Jing Ying shirt! (Wear a bathing suit underneath if you want to go swimming later).

      Visit the street vendors, and be sure to stop in at the CSC club house to bid on silent auction items AND buy some strawberry shortcake!!

      Arrive early to find parking. You will need to think about how you will get back to the firehouse area from the community beach.