Tai Chi/QiGong for Health Workshop this Thursday and more!

  • Jing-Ying-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2013
      * May 2: Tai Chi/Qigong Workshop
      * May 4: Pizza Party & Movie Night
      * May 11: Tent Event
      * May 16: Self Defense for Women Series
      * Summer Camp Coupon Code (good until May 11)

      Tai Chi/Qigong for Health & Wellness Workshop (FREE)
      Thursday, May 2 (7-8:30pm)
      Location: Jing Ying Institute (www.JingYing.org)

      Discover how Tai Chi/QiGong can Benefit You, Both in Body & Mind

      Research shows that this ancient and low-impact form of exercise promotes joint health, improves flexibility and strength; improves balance and helps prevent falls; helps with arthritis, blood pressure, diabetes and chronic conditions such as fibromyalgia; and increases bone density.

      The first part of this informative workshop will be a discussion about the health benefits of tai chi and then you will have the opportunity to practice basic tai chi movements. This workshop is suitable for all levels of fitness and is free.

      For more information about tai chi and to register for this workshop, click on the link below:

      We will serve premium green tea and have door prizes as well.

      Pizza Party & Movie Night
      Saturday, May 4 (6:30-9pm)
      Location: Jing Ying Institute (www.JingYing.org)

      Only $5 gets you all the pizza you can eat! We'll supply pizza with a variety of toppings, and water, soda or tea to drink. Admission to the pizza party is only $5 per person! We'll also show a recently released PG-13 movie about the TaiJi Gong Fu system we teach! Please note that any children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult to attend the pizza party.

      Tent Event
      Saturday, May 11 (10am-2pm)
      Park Plaza, Severna Park

      There will be exhibitors, children's activities, community information - and more!

      We need students to demo and adult helpers at our tables (pass out information, help with simple crafts).

      Self Defense Class for Women & Teen Girls
      3 Thursdays: May 16, 23, 30
      Location: Jing Ying Institute (www.JingYing.org)

      The emphasis will be on protecting your safety. You will not be taught complicated self-defense techniques that will be forgotten under stress when you need them most. Instead, you will learn basic principles that are easily applied in a variety of situations.

      Please wear loose comfortable clothing. You will work with partners and may need to remove watches or jewelry on your wrists.

      A few spots are left. Please register as soon as possible.

      Summer Camps are coming!
      July 8-12 & July 29-August 2
      Location: Jing Ying Institute (www.JingYing.org)

      Kids love our summer camps! Last year we had to turn away campers due to full registration, so be sure to sign up soon. Register by May 11 and save $25! (Use coupon code SUMMER13)

      These events and more can also be seen on our facebook events page.
      Facebook: www.Facebook.com/JingYingInstitute

      Billy & Nancy Greer, Owners
      Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi
      Facebook: www.Facebook.com/JingYingInstitute

      Best of Annapolis Award/Best of Severna Park Award
      Best of the Bay Award/Capital Readers Choice Award
      Maryland Gazette Readers Choice Award
      SBA Women in Business Champion
      ASPIRE Community Leader Award

      Serving the community since 2000.