Coming this weekend - Chen ZhengLei, silent auction!

  • Billy Greer
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2012

    Jing Ying is going to be even busier than usual starting this weekend! On Friday, December 14, we will have our Silent Auction party for the local charity SPAN. Last year we raised $6,000 and collected over 600 pounds of food, and we really need your help to beat those numbers this year. We’ll have food, music and bidding from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. The bidding will end promptly at 8:30 pm so we can begin announcing winners and let you go home with your prizes. Please bring canned goods or other non-perishable food items to donate to SPAN’s food pantry and bid generously. If you can’t attend on Friday, come any other day this week between 4 pm and 8:30 pm to put down your bids or drop off food.

    There will be no classes Friday night because of the Silent Auction party.

    More fun begins the following morning as Grandmaster Chen ZhengLei teaches the secrets of LaoJia YiLu on Saturday and Sunday. We’ll also have a Saturday evening banquet with GM Chen.

    There will be no Saturday morning classes at Jing Ying because of the workshop.

    On Monday, we will have a workshop covering how to practice the 18 form for health and wellness. If you know someone who has been curious about trying tai chi, or someone who is experienced and wants to improve their practice, this is an ideal workshop. Running from 7 pm to 9 pm, it will cover 3 key elements of tai chi for health and wellness: qi nurturing exercises (qigong and meditation), joint and body exercises (silk reeling and other movements) and forms practice (selected movements from the 18 form). This is a great opportunity to practice the 18 form with its creator and to study with the best!

    Jing Ying will close at 6:30 pm on Monday except for workshop participants.

    Register for meals and workshops at:  http://www.jingying.org/special_events/2012/Chen_ZhengLei_20121215.htm

    Grand Master Chen ZhengLei began training at the age of 8 and has been named one of the Top 10 Martial Arts Masters of modern China and also recognized as one of the most Most Distinguished Chinese People of the World.

    He is a multiple winner of China National Championship and winner of numerous other gold medals in TaiJi and is one of the “Four Great Jingangs (diamonds)” of Chen Taiji. He also recently became one of the youngest taiji masters to receive China's highest rank of 9th Duan.

    This workshop is suitable for Tai Chi enthusiasts of all styles and experience levels who want to learn from one of the great tai chi masters of our time.

    Saturday and Sunday will cover “Secrets of LaoJia Yilu” in four modules: 9 am to noon and 2 pm to 5 pm each day. LaoJia YiLu forms the basis for all styles of tai chi. The weekend will be in a “Learn, Review, Refine” format allowing beginners to learn the movements and advanced participants to gain insights and refine their practice. This workshop will benefit those who practice any style at any level who want to improve their abilities and understanding of tai chi.

    Monday will cover Yang Sheng Gong – Taiji for Health and Wellness from 7 pm to 9 pm. Yang Sheng Gong is a complete system for health and wellness. Learn and practice fundamental skills of silk reeling exercises for improving joint health, strength and flexibility; Discover the Qi nurturing benefits of meditation and Qigong practices used by the Chen family; Learn and practice a selection of movements from the 18 Essential Postures routine which was created to provide many of the health benefits of LaoJia YiLu practice in a shorter format that can be learned more quickly.

    On Tuesday night, we will have our monthly test. The test will run from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm and there will be no classes after 6:30 pm.

    Please share information about our silent auction and the workshops with your friends. December will be an exciting month!

    Shifu Billy L Greer

    Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi

    www.JingYing.org

    Facebook: www.Facebook.com/JingYingInstitute

    410-431-5200

    Winner of the Best of Annapolis Award for

    our martial arts program and best overall fitness!

    Jing Ying Front LogoBest of Annapolis 20102011capitalreaderschoiceaward.png

  • Billy Greer
    Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2012

[...]

    Grand Master Chen ZhengLei began training at the age of 8 and has been named one of the Top 10 Martial Arts Masters of modern China and also recognized as one of the most Distinguished Chinese People of the World.