Upcoming events for December, Chen ZhengLei, silent auction

  • Billy Greer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21 5:57 PM

    Grandmaster Chen ZhengLei will be coming to the Annapolis area for workshops on Saturday, Sunday and Monday Dec 15, 16 and 17.

    You can register on-line at http://www.jingying.org/special_events/2012/Chen_ZhengLei_20121215.htm

    Grand Master Chen ZhengLei began training at the age of 8 and has been named one of the Top 10 Martial Arts Masters of modern China and also recognized as one of the most Most Distinguished Chinese People of the World.

    He is a multiple winner of China National Championship and winner of numerous other gold medals in TaiJi and is One of the “Four Great Jingangs (diamonds)” of Chen Taiji. He also became one of the youngest taiji masters to receive China's highest rank of 9th Duan.

    This workshop is suitable for Tai Chi enthusiasts of all styles and experience levels who want to learn from one of the great tai chi masters of our time.

    Saturday and Sunday will cover “Secrets of LaoJia Yilu” in four modules: 9 am to noon and 2 pm to 5 pm each day. LaoJia YiLu forms the basis for all styles of tai chi. The weekend will be in a “Learn, Review, Refine” format allowing beginners to learn the movements and advanced participants to gain insights and refine their practice. This workshop will benefit those who practice any style at any level who want to improve their abilities and understanding of tai chi.

    Monday will cover Yang Sheng Gong – Taiji for Health and Wellness from 7 pm to 9 pm. Yang Sheng Gong is a complete system for health and wellness. Learn and practice fundamental skills of silk reeling exercises for improving joint health, strength and flexibility; Discover the Qi nurturing benefits of meditation and Qigong practices used by the Chen family; Learn and practice a selection of movements from the 18 Essential Postures routine which was created to provide many of the health benefits of LaoJia YiLu practice in a shorter format that can be learned more quickly.

    The Friday before the workshops begin will mark our Silent Auction for SPAN. Join us from 7 to 9 for a chance to support charity while getting some Christmas present for yourself or others. Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/1596428300495739/permalink/1643470395791529/?notif_t=like for more info. Last year we raised $6,000 and collected over 600 lbs of food. Help us to collect even more this year!

    Please share information about our silent auction and the workshops with your friends. December will be an exciting month!

    Have a great Thanksgiving, stay safe and don’t eat too much!

    Shifu Billy L Greer

    Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi

    Facebook: www.Facebook.com/JingYingInstitute

    Winner of the Best of Annapolis Award for

    our martial arts program and best overall fitness!

    Jing Ying Front LogoBest of Annapolis 20102011capitalreaderschoiceaward.png