Upcoming Events

  • funbooksmom
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2012
      * HOLIDAY TRADE FAIR DEMO
      * FREE HOMESCHOOL CLASSES & PRESCHOOL PANDAS
      * SELF-DEFENSE FOR RUNNERS WORKSHOP AT SPARK RUNNING
      * MONTHLY BELT TEST (one week early due to Thanksgiving)
      * SILENT AUCTION
      * MASTER CHEN ZHENG LEI WORKSHOPS

      HOLIDAY TRADE FAIR DEMO
      Thursday, November 8
      Earleigh Heights Fire Dept Hall, 161 Ritchie Hwy, Severna Park
      Meet at 5pm at Jing Ying's table near the stage.
      Sign up to demo or be a table volunteer:
      https://www.facebook.com/events/475989085755713/

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      FREE HOMESCHOOL CLASSES AND PRESCHOOL PANDAS
      (An 8-week session for each will start the following week)

      An RSVP is not required but is appreciated.

      You can sign up for the sessions as soon as you like (highly encouraged for the kung fu class).

      Weds. 11/7, 10:30-11:30am
      Free Homeschool Kung Fu Class at Jing Ying
      http://www.jingying.org/programs/homeschool_kung_fu_program.htm

      Fri. 11/9, 10:30-11:30am
      Free Homeschool PE Class at Jing Ying
      http://www.jingying.org/programs/homeschool_pe_program.htm

      Fri. 11/9, 11:45am-12:30pm
      Free Preschool Pandas (Play & Fitness for ages 2-5) at Jing Ying
      http://www.jingying.org/programs/preschool_pandas.htm

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Sat 11/10, 1:00pm
      FREE Self Defense for Runners Workshop
      Location: Spark Running Store in Park Plaza, Severna Park
      www.sparkrunningstore.com

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Sat, 11/17, 11am
      MONTHLY BELT TEST at Jing Ying
      Please note that the test is one week earlier due to Thanksgiving.

      December's test also will be off-schedule because of the holidays and the Chen Zheng Lei workshops.

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      FRIDAY, 12/14, 7-9pm (at Jing Ying):
      Annual Silent Auction for SPAN (we need donations!)

      Here's where we are posting donations as they arrive:
      https://www.facebook.com/events/1596428300495739

      Volunteer Sign-up:
      http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080544AAAB2BA20-jing

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      DECEMBER 15-17 (at Jing Ying)
      Master Chen Zheng Lei Workshops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      ---
      Nancy
      Nancy Greer
      www.JingYing.org
      Facebook: www.Facebook.com/JingYingInstitute
      410-431-5200

      Winner:
      Best of Annapolis Award
      Best of Severna Park Award
      The Capital and Maryland Gazette Readers Choice Awards

      Serving the community since 2000.
    • funbooksmom
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2013
        * Self-Defense Workshop for College Students (and Teens/Adults)
        Thursday, July 25 (7:30-9:00pm)

        * Summer Camp for ages 6-11
        July 29-August 2 (Mon-Fri)

        * Demo on August 6

        * US Capitol Classics Tournament (with Willy Lin Banquet)

        * Self-Defense Workshop for College Students (and Teens/Adults)
        Thursday, July 25 (7:30-9:00pm)

        Location: Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi, Arnold, MD
        Registration: http://www.JingYing.org or call 410-431-5200

        This workshop will help college students develop a personal protection plan by discussing safety and by demonstrating and teaching effective techniques for escaping an aggressor or fighting back.

        The emphasis is on learning simple principles that are easy to remember and apply, rather than focusing on more complex techniques that require lots of practice to master.

        The workshop is almost full, but there is some space left. While the class is designed with the college student in mind, it is appropriate for teens and adults.

        This particular workshop is open to both males & females. We have a mix of teens (high school & college) and parents who have signed up for this year's workshop.

        Location: Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi, Arnold, MD
        Registration: http://www.JingYing.org or call 410-431-5200

        --------------------------

        * Summer Camp (July 29-August 3)
        July 29-August 2 (Mon-Fri)

        Location: Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi, Arnold, MD
        Registration: http://www.JingYing.org or call 410-431-5200

        The camp will run Monday through Friday and will include intensive practice in kung fu as well as a chance to practice Lion Dance, music, tumbling, yoga and group games such as tag, dodge ball and more.

        Kids from 6 to 11 will have fun while getting in great shape and learning new skills. Beginners with no experience in kung fu or martial arts will learn basic techniques and forms, while students with previous experience will have the opportunity to improve their skills. Tumbling will include basic balance skills such as headstands and handstands as well as working on rolls, cartwheels, headsprings, handsprings and flips.

        In addition to lot of physical activity, we provide campers other fun activities such as the art of paper folding, Chinese calligraphy, cool science, music, nature activities, and more. NO computer or video games! We have several talented and knowledgeable adult instructors who teach at Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi's Summer Camps.

        Location: Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi in Arnold, MD.
        Go to http://www.JingYing.org or call 410-431-5200 to register.

        --------------------------

        * Demo on August 6 (see school for details)

        --------------------------

        * US Capitol Classics Tournament and Willy Lin Banquet
        31st anniversary of US Capitol Classics
        7:00am Saturday - China Open Registration for competitors and judges
        9:00am Saturday divisions begin

        Location: National Harbour, MD (just outside of Washington, DC)
        Go here for schedule and registration: http://www.uscapitolclassics.com/schedule.html

        The US Capitol Classics/China Open will include a special event this year. To recognize Grandmaster Willy Lin and the contributions he has made in bringing the Tian Shan Pai kung fu system to the US, there will be a special banquet in his honor.

        On Saturday, August 3rd from 4 to 7 pm, we will meet at the beautiful Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center at National Harbor, Maryland. Attendees will receive a free membership in ASTSP including a commemorative patch and a Lin Kung Fu memorabilia gift bag. Also included - attendance to a workshop on Friday night with the opportunity to train hands on with Grandmaster Willy Lin, and a spectator ticket to the US Capitol Classics Competition, Daytime Eliminations and Night time Finals/Show for Friday and Saturday. Cost for all of this is $125 per person. Attire for the banquet is semi-formal.

        It's been over 40 years since Grandmaster Lin first brought Tian Shan Pai to the US. Come share in this historic occasion and hear or share stories about Grandmaster Willy Lin! For more information, email info@...

        Nancy Greer
        Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi
        http://www.JingYing.org
        http://www.facebook.com/jingyinginstitute
        https://twitter.com/jingyinginst
        Nancy@...

        DON'T FORGET TO VISIT http://www.JingYing.org and our facebook page for information about other upcoming events.
      • funkungfumom
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2015

          We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. To view our December closures due to the Chen ZhengLei workshop and other holidays, click on the link below that will take you to our calendar of events.
          http://jingying.org/calendar/calendar.htm

          Please keep an eye on the calendar for notices about classes and other events – the upcoming weeks are very busy! Looking for a gift for the holidays? On "Giving Tuesday" (December 1), Jing Ying will donate 10% of all proceeds from our pro-shop to the local charity, SPAN.

          Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.

          ~Theodore Roosevelt

          Nancy & Billy Greer, Owners