Upcoming Events

  • funbooksmom
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2012
      Jing Ying is having a busy fall! Hope you can join us for some of these events. The first three events take place later this week:

      Free Tai Chi/Qigong for Health Class
      This Friday, October 5 (5:30-6:30pm)
      (10-week session begins Oct 12)
      Location: Mountain Yoga Studio in Pasadena, MD
      www.MountYoga.com

      ***

      Self-Defense for the Coming Zombie Apocalypse
      This Saturday, October 6 (1:00-3:30pm)
      For ages 13-adult
      Pre-registeration cost:
      $20 Jing Ying Student, $25 non-student
      At-the-door cost: $30
      Location: Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi
      www.JingYing.org

      ***

      Celebrate Severna Park DEMO!!!!
      This Sunday, October 7 (meet at 12:30pm)
      Sign up on our facebook event page or on the sign-up sheet at Jing Ying.
      We will perform at the beginning of the event, so you'll have time to enjoy other activities throughout the day.
      Location: Severna Park Community Center
      623 Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard, Severna Park, MD

      ***

      We will post more about the following events later, or you can check out our facebook page for more details (www.facebook.com/jingyinginstitute)

      Sat. 10/13, 1-3pm:
      "The Benefits of Tai Chi/Qigong for Chronic Health Conditions" workshop for the Central Maryland Fibromyalgia Group at the Severna Park Community Center.

      Sat. 10/27, 12:30-2pm:
      Halloween Party at Jing Ying. Costume parade, food, games, prizes, facepainting and more!

      Weds. 11/7, 10:30-11:30am:
      Free Homeschool Kung Fu Class at Jing Ying

      Fri. 11/9, 10:30-11:30am
      Free Homeschool PE Class at Jing Ying

      Fri. 11/9, 11:45am-12:30pm
      Free Preschool Pandas (Play & Fitness for ages 2-5) at Jing Ying

      Sat 11/10, 1:00pm
      Self Defense for Runners Workshop at Spark Running Store in Park Plaza

      DECEMBER (at Jing Ying):
      Annual Silent Auction for SPAN (we need donations!)
      Master Chen Zheng Lei Workshop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      ++++++

      Nancy Greer
      www.JingYing.org
      Facebook: www.Facebook.com/JingYingInstitute
      410-431-5200

      Winner:
      Best of Annapolis Award
      Best of Severna Park Award
      The Capital and Maryland Gazette Readers Choice Awards

      Serving the community since 2000.
    • funbooksmom
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2012
        * HOLIDAY TRADE FAIR DEMO
        * FREE HOMESCHOOL CLASSES & PRESCHOOL PANDAS
        * SELF-DEFENSE FOR RUNNERS WORKSHOP AT SPARK RUNNING
        * MONTHLY BELT TEST (one week early due to Thanksgiving)
        * SILENT AUCTION
        * MASTER CHEN ZHENG LEI WORKSHOPS

        HOLIDAY TRADE FAIR DEMO
        Thursday, November 8
        Earleigh Heights Fire Dept Hall, 161 Ritchie Hwy, Severna Park
        Meet at 5pm at Jing Ying's table near the stage.
        Sign up to demo or be a table volunteer:
        https://www.facebook.com/events/475989085755713/

        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        FREE HOMESCHOOL CLASSES AND PRESCHOOL PANDAS
        (An 8-week session for each will start the following week)

        An RSVP is not required but is appreciated.

        You can sign up for the sessions as soon as you like (highly encouraged for the kung fu class).

        http://www.jingying.org/programs/homeschool_kung_fu_program.htm

        http://www.jingying.org/programs/homeschool_pe_program.htm

        Fri. 11/9, 11:45am-12:30pm
        Free Preschool Pandas (Play & Fitness for ages 2-5) at Jing Ying
        http://www.jingying.org/programs/preschool_pandas.htm

        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        Sat 11/10, 1:00pm
        FREE Self Defense for Runners Workshop
        Location: Spark Running Store in Park Plaza, Severna Park
        www.sparkrunningstore.com

        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        Sat, 11/17, 11am
        MONTHLY BELT TEST at Jing Ying
        Please note that the test is one week earlier due to Thanksgiving.

        December's test also will be off-schedule because of the holidays and the Chen Zheng Lei workshops.

        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        FRIDAY, 12/14, 7-9pm (at Jing Ying):
        Annual Silent Auction for SPAN (we need donations!)

        Here's where we are posting donations as they arrive:
        https://www.facebook.com/events/1596428300495739

        Volunteer Sign-up:
        http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080544AAAB2BA20-jing

        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        DECEMBER 15-17 (at Jing Ying)
        Master Chen Zheng Lei Workshops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        ---
        Nancy

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23, 2013
          * Self-Defense Workshop for College Students (and Teens/Adults)
          Thursday, July 25 (7:30-9:00pm)

          * Summer Camp for ages 6-11
          July 29-August 2 (Mon-Fri)

          * Demo on August 6

          * US Capitol Classics Tournament (with Willy Lin Banquet)

          * Self-Defense Workshop for College Students (and Teens/Adults)
          Thursday, July 25 (7:30-9:00pm)

          Location: Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi, Arnold, MD
          Registration: http://www.JingYing.org or call 410-431-5200

          This workshop will help college students develop a personal protection plan by discussing safety and by demonstrating and teaching effective techniques for escaping an aggressor or fighting back.

          The emphasis is on learning simple principles that are easy to remember and apply, rather than focusing on more complex techniques that require lots of practice to master.

          The workshop is almost full, but there is some space left. While the class is designed with the college student in mind, it is appropriate for teens and adults.

          This particular workshop is open to both males & females. We have a mix of teens (high school & college) and parents who have signed up for this year's workshop.

          Location: Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi, Arnold, MD
          Registration: http://www.JingYing.org or call 410-431-5200

          --------------------------

          * Summer Camp (July 29-August 3)
          July 29-August 2 (Mon-Fri)

          Location: Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi, Arnold, MD
          Registration: http://www.JingYing.org or call 410-431-5200

          The camp will run Monday through Friday and will include intensive practice in kung fu as well as a chance to practice Lion Dance, music, tumbling, yoga and group games such as tag, dodge ball and more.

          Kids from 6 to 11 will have fun while getting in great shape and learning new skills. Beginners with no experience in kung fu or martial arts will learn basic techniques and forms, while students with previous experience will have the opportunity to improve their skills. Tumbling will include basic balance skills such as headstands and handstands as well as working on rolls, cartwheels, headsprings, handsprings and flips.

          In addition to lot of physical activity, we provide campers other fun activities such as the art of paper folding, Chinese calligraphy, cool science, music, nature activities, and more. NO computer or video games! We have several talented and knowledgeable adult instructors who teach at Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi's Summer Camps.

          Location: Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi in Arnold, MD.
          Go to http://www.JingYing.org or call 410-431-5200 to register.

          --------------------------

          * Demo on August 6 (see school for details)

          --------------------------

          * US Capitol Classics Tournament and Willy Lin Banquet
          31st anniversary of US Capitol Classics
          7:00am Saturday - China Open Registration for competitors and judges
          9:00am Saturday divisions begin

          Location: National Harbour, MD (just outside of Washington, DC)
          Go here for schedule and registration: http://www.uscapitolclassics.com/schedule.html

          The US Capitol Classics/China Open will include a special event this year. To recognize Grandmaster Willy Lin and the contributions he has made in bringing the Tian Shan Pai kung fu system to the US, there will be a special banquet in his honor.

          On Saturday, August 3rd from 4 to 7 pm, we will meet at the beautiful Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center at National Harbor, Maryland. Attendees will receive a free membership in ASTSP including a commemorative patch and a Lin Kung Fu memorabilia gift bag. Also included - attendance to a workshop on Friday night with the opportunity to train hands on with Grandmaster Willy Lin, and a spectator ticket to the US Capitol Classics Competition, Daytime Eliminations and Night time Finals/Show for Friday and Saturday. Cost for all of this is $125 per person. Attire for the banquet is semi-formal.

          It's been over 40 years since Grandmaster Lin first brought Tian Shan Pai to the US. Come share in this historic occasion and hear or share stories about Grandmaster Willy Lin! For more information, email info@...

          Nancy Greer
          Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi
          http://www.JingYing.org
          http://www.facebook.com/jingyinginstitute
          https://twitter.com/jingyinginst
          Nancy@...

          DON'T FORGET TO VISIT http://www.JingYing.org and our facebook page for information about other upcoming events.
        • funkungfumom
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 26, 2015

            We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. To view our December closures due to the Chen ZhengLei workshop and other holidays, click on the link below that will take you to our calendar of events.
            http://jingying.org/calendar/calendar.htm

            Please keep an eye on the calendar for notices about classes and other events – the upcoming weeks are very busy! Looking for a gift for the holidays? On "Giving Tuesday" (December 1), Jing Ying will donate 10% of all proceeds from our pro-shop to the local charity, SPAN.

            Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.

            ~Theodore Roosevelt

            Nancy & Billy Greer, Owners