US Capitol Classics and National Aquarium

  • Billy Greer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 7:46 AM

      Just a reminder that the US Capitol Classics is this Saturday. It is one of the biggest and oldest tournaments in the nation and this year has a special set of divisions just for our style of kung fu!

      When you enter your age, weight etc on the registration form, you will see divisions you can enter. Under Tien Shan Pai Forms, 24 Beat is ChuJi Quan or primary fist – our beginners form. 40 beat is ZhongJi Quan – our green belt form. Shaolin Chuan is Shaolin Quan – our purple belt form. There are also 2 person fighting sets, weapons, and two-person weapons sets. There are separate divisions by age, gender and experience level and the those will be set automatically from your registration information. There will be lots of divisions and you will be competing against people similar to you. For example, you can do the beginners form at an advanced level and you will only be judged against other advanced students who choose to compete in that division. A beginner doing the form would only compete against other beginners. Hope to see you there!

      Register at https://www.martialartstechnologies.com/register?tournamentID=33

      General info at http://www.uscapitolclassics.com/

      Monday, Aug 8 – National Aquarium in Baltimore celebrates 30th birthday!

      Jing Ying has been asked to do a lion dance in the inner harbor as part of their celebration. We need people to help pull the drum, play music and play the lion starting at 8:30 am. We will march through the inner harbor from the Science Museum to the Aquarium. The Mayor is expected to be there as well as some congressmen and TV crews. Please let me know right away if you are available to help with this event. The National Aquarium has been a long time friend of Jing Ying and we are proud that they contacted us to help them celebrate their 30th Anniversary!

      Billy L Greer

      Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi

      www.JingYing.org

      Facebook: www.Facebook.com/JingYingInstitute

      410-431-5200

      Winner of the Best of Annapolis Award for

      our martial arts program and best overall fitness!

      Jing Ying Front LogoBest of Annapolis 2010