June events for Jing Ying

  • Billy Greer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011

      First of all, thanks to all of our students and fans for voting us Best Martial Arts in the Readers Choice Awards for 2011. You can stop by the school to see the nice plaque we won!

      If you use Facebook, be sure to go to http://www.facebook.com/JingYingInstitute and “like” us to see lots of information on our activities.

      Friday, June 3 Park Plaza will show a free movie – Return of the Titans at 7:30 with a special guest from the movie actually there. Jing Ying will do a lion dance before the start of the show.

      Saturday, June 4 is the first Saturday of the month, which means demo team practice at noon is open to anyone interested in learning aspects of lion dance. That includes the music (drums, cymbals or gong) as well as the actual lion dance. As usual, demo team members are expected to attend.

      Monday, June 6 is pre-test (5:00 for Tigers and Dragons, 6:30 pm adults)

      Tuesday, June 7 is the first Tuesday of the month, which means demo team practice at noon is open to anyone interested in learning aspects of lion dance. That includes the music (drums, cymbals or gong) as well as the actual lion dance. As usual, demo team members are expected to attend.

      Saturday, June 11 is a great opportunity to train with the pioneers of our kung fu system! For only $10, you will be able to participate in up to 3 workshop sessions covering Primary Fist (our beginners form) and Intermediate Fist (green belt form) in both the solo and 2-person fighting set versions. You will be working with Grandmaster Willy Lin who first brought our system to the USA 40 years ago, and you will meet many of the top instructors and students in the US.  Go to http://www.astsp.us/events/June_Training_Seminar.htm for more information and to register on-line (you can also register at Jing Ying) to reserve your spot.

      Tuesday, June 14 is the make-up pre-test :00 for Tigers and Dragons, 7:00 pm adults)

      Thursday, June 16 is the Best of Annapolis Party. Jing Ying will be closed after 5:00 pm to allow all the instructors to attend the party to represent us as we receive our awards for Best Martial Arts and Best Overall Workout. Instructors – we already have your tickets. Please see Shifu Billy or Nancy to get them. We are having a drawing at Jing Ying so students have an opportunity to win free tickets to attend, or you can get more info and purchase tickets at:

      http://www.whatsupmag.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=794&Itemid=561

      Saturday, June 25 is our monthly test at 11:00 am

      Sunday, June 26 is the Wong People Tournament. This is a highly recommended tournament for our students. If you’ve never competed or you’ve been doing it for years, this will have something for you. There are different divisions by age, by gender, by skill level and by categories such as forms, weapons, sparring, wushu or tai chi. For registration forms, rules, divisions etc, go to http://www.wongpeople.com/id10.html

      Thanks,

      Billy L Greer

      Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi

      www.JingYing.org

      Please follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/JingYingInst and

      like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/JingYingInstitute

      410-431-5200

      Winner of the Best of Annapolis Award for

      our martial arts program and best overall fitness!

      Jing Ying Front LogoBest of Annapolis 2010