Happy 4th of July! - Join us for the parade

  • Billy L Greer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2009

      Please contact me if you have a vehicle that can help carry equipment to the start of the parade. Our van can carry the lions and drum but we need another vehicle to carry the drum stand. Must be willing to meet at Jing Ying between 8:30 and 9:00 and then proceed to Our Shepherd Lutheran Church.

      PARADE INFO:

      We will meet at Our Shepherd Lutheran Church on Benfield Rd (400 Benfield
      Rd) between 9:00 am and 9:30 am. Please allow time for traffic delays as
      parts of Benfield Rd will be closed to traffic, and you will need to park on
      a side street and walk over (the church parking lot will only be for
      vehicles driving in the parade). We recommend that some people park across
      the street from Cypress Creek park (the final destination of the parade) and
      ride with another family to the church. That way there will be some vehicles
      at the end of the parade that can be used to ferry people back to their
      vehicles parked near the church.

      The parade starts at 10:00 am. We need people to march, hand out candy, pour
      water on people to help keep them cool, play the lion, hold the banner etc.
      Remember, if you are handing out candy or trinkets, DO NOT throw them to the
      crowd. You must hand them to people. Wear comfortable walking shoes. You may
      also want to bring sunscreen, a towel and a bathing suit. We will have a van
      in the parade to allow little ones to ride if they get too tired and we will
      have cold water in the van to drink and pour on people to cool off. Students
      should wear their uniforms and other family members can march with us, wave
      to the crowd, hand out items, carry the banner and help keep an eye on the
      kids.

      We will finish at Cypress Creek Park and will do a demonstration for the
      festival there at 12:30. Anyone who would like to perform needs to be sure
      to wear their uniform and bring their own weapons if they plan to demo a
      weapon. There will be lots of activities and food and entertainment at the
      festival to provide fun for the whole family.

      After our demo, we will go to the Community Center Pool to cool off and have
      fun. The pool will be free and open to the public to celebrate the 4th.

      Billy L Greer

      Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi

      www.JingYing.org

      410-431-5200