upcoming events - no demo tonight

  • Billy L Greer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2009
      Many thanks to all the people who came out to support us at the Cape St
      Claire Strawberry Festival! We had a great turn-out for the parade and the
      demo afterwards. The weather was beautiful!

      We were going to have a second chance for people who missed that demo to
      participate in one tonight (Tuesday) in Annapolis, but the organizers of the
      Curriculum Fair in Annapolis have informed me that they will not have access
      to the stage and are therefore cancelling the performance. But don't worry.
      If you have been hearing about how much fun the Strawberry Festival was and
      are thinking you are willing to try a public performance, we have another
      chance for you. The Kids 'n' Kaboodle fair will be in Annapolis this Sunday,
      June 7 from noon to 4:00 pm. This is another friendly and low-key event
      where you can do a group form with a leader counting off the moves so it is
      just like following along in class, or you can have the opportunity to
      showcase your talent in a solo form. You can also just come out to cheer and
      support your fellow students. This is a great family event with lots of free
      activities, so you may want to make a day of it. Come at noon for the
      entire fair or arrive at 12:30 if you would like to participate in the demo
      at 1:00 pm. We'll have Lion Dance, forms and weapons demonstrations.

      This annual event is sponsored by the Chesapeake Children's Museum. Kids 'n'
      Kaboodle is the totally free fair for all the children of Annapolis. It will
      take place Sunday, June 7 from 12 noon to 4 pm at the Weems-Whalen Memorial
      Athletic Fields. Park at Maryland Hall or Bates Middle School Or take
      Annapolis Transit to the Spa Road Transfer Point.

      ==============
      Our sister school, Silk Dragon Martial Arts will be celebrating being open 6
      yrs on Sat. June 13th and will be showing movies at 6:30 p.m.
      Bring a dish. Movies will be Forbidden Kingdom and Kung Fu Panda.
      -
      They will also offer a Friendly Fighting seminar by Sifu Gary Utterback and
      Sifu Scott Westcamp on Friday June 5th.Start time is 7 p.m. give or take a
      few minutes due to their travel time. Students should bring their sparring
      gear and the cost is $20.00 cash.
      -
      And they will offer a Self Defense seminar on Sat July 11th from 1-3:30 p.m.
      $10.00 payable to Silk Dragon.cash or credit card.
      Dr Grosscup will be presenting, Sifu Arturo Gabriel, Sifu Tom Brocht, and
      Sifu Shawn Smith
      -
      ==============

      For those of you wondering about the 5-Tigers tournament, I just found out
      that although it will not be held, a new tournament has been set up as a
      replacement. It will be in DC on Sunday, June 14. Info can be found on-line
      at http://www.kungfudc.com/

      ==============

      Jing Ying will attend the Wong People Tournament on Sunday, June 28 at
      Trinity College in DC. This is one of the tournaments we attend every year
      and there are lots of events and divisions for all ages and experience
      levels. New this year will be Wushu events! Pre-register by June 2 and
      unlimited events are $50. Later registration is $60. Sifu Wong has
      generously extended his offer to not deny anyone from competing for
      financial reasons. If you can't afford to pay now, you can submit your
      advance registration with an IOU to pay any time in the future. If you can't
      afford to pay at all, just write "Economic Stimulus Plan" on the
      registration and you will owe nothing. Registration and info is at
      http://wongpeople.webs.com/2009tournament.htm Even if you've never thought
      about competing before, this is a good tournament to participate in.

      Don't forget our monthly test on Saturday, June 27. If all goes well, Glen
      Greer will complete his final test to earn his Black Sash. Come out to
      support all the students testing for advancement and to join in the
      celebration afterwards.

      Thanks,

      Billy L Greer
      Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi
      www.JingYing.org
      410-431-5200