Upcoming events for Jing Ying

  • Billy Greer
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2008
      This Wednesday is our cleaning celebration for Chinese New Year. The Year of
      the Rat starts on Thursday.
      Bring your favorite cleaning supplies and help clean your studio to make
      room for all the good luck we will receive in the new year! We'll supply
      pizza, soda and tea for the workers. Rumor has it that cake might even be
      available!

      On Saturday, February 9, join us from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm at Jing Ying for
      Lane's 16th Birthday party. We'll have loud music (adults, consider yourself
      warned!) with Shifu as our DJ. We'll also have food and drinks. Of course,
      there will also be cake and ice cream!

      The upstairs area will be designated as a safe haven to escape some of the
      noise and we will even have seated chair massages provided by Barbara Todd,
      CMT of A Healing Touch from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.

      Please, no presents. Instead, Lane requests that you donate at least $5 to
      help us get a service monkey for her uncle.

      A flyer is attached in PDF format.

      You can read a nice article about us and get more information at:
      http://www.hometownannapolis.com/cgi-bin/read/2008/02_04-07/CBN

      or to find out more info about the service monkey and to make donations, go
      to:
      http://www.jingying.org/special_events/2008/A_Monkey_for_Al.htm

      Our week of workshops for Chinese New Year starts next week. Here is the
      link for info and registration:
      http://www.jingying.org/special_events/2008/2008_Chinese_New_Year.htm

      Hope to see you soon!

      Billy
    • Billy Greer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 24, 2011

      Saturday, June 25 will be our monthly test at 11 am.

      Sunday, June 26 is the Wong People Tournament at Trinity College, 125 Michigan Ave NE Washington, DC 20017. The event is 10 am to 6:30 pm. If you are not pre-registered, it is recommended that you arrive by 9:30 am. You can meet at Jing Ying at 8 am to drive together or to share rides. Sparring will be in the morning, forms and weapons afternoon. Although they generally have food available, you may want to bring something to drink and something to snack on. For a list of events and divisions, follow the links from our event at http://www.facebook.com/JingYingInstitute#!/event.php?eid=132636143480528  A registration form with some pre-filled info is attached.

      Friday, July 1 – First Friday Movies Under the Stars featuring How to Train Your Dragon. Free outdoor movie with free snacks, prize drawings and more. Jing Ying will perform before the movie (lion dance, forms and weapons). Go to http://www.facebook.com/JingYingInstitute#!/event.php?eid=181927901862768 for info

      Monday, July 4 – Independence Day Parade. We will mark in the parade, then demo at Cypress Creek Park afterwards.  http://www.facebook.com/JingYingInstitute#!/event.php?eid=180462022012438

      Pre-test, Tuesday, July 5 at 7 pm (also 5 pm available for kids)

      Please follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/JingYingInstitute and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/JingYingInst

      Billy L Greer

      Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi

      www.JingYing.org

      Facebook: www.Facebook.com/JingYingInstitute

      410-431-5200

      Winner of the Best of Annapolis Award for

      our martial arts program and best overall fitness!

      Jing Ying Front LogoBest of Annapolis 2010