Re: Matzah

  • Alyne
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 23, 2008
      Judy and Chana:

      Could you each be a little more detailed about how to make raw matzah?  I am new to raw foods (2 weeks!) and am not yet skilled at figuring things out.  Also, I think Judy mentioned that she did not have to dehydrate with her recipe, which is good because I don't have a dehydrator yet.  First I am getting a BlendTec.

      Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving (my first raw.  I volunteered to bring crudites, dips and nuts so I will have enough raw food to eat.  Luckily, other friend are bringing organic salad from their garden.)

    • Judy Pokras
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2008
        Hi Alyne,

        Sorry for the delay in approving this post. (This is a moderated group.)
        I was away and didn't have access to a good computer.

        I didn't ever make a raw matzoh recipe, although I noticed that when I munched on a combination of sunflower seeds, walnuts and coconut oil, it tasted like matzoh.  I did try mixing those and dehydrating the mixture, but it didn't work. I've seen some raw matzoh recipes but haven't tried them.

        I'd be interested to know if anyone here has made or tasted raw matzoh that was really good.

        Judy

        --

        Judy Pokras
        vegwriter@...

        STOP GLOBAL WARMING GO VEGAN bumper sticker:
        http://www.cafepress.com/rawfoods.86920766

        author
        The Little e-Book of Raw Holiday Recipes
        editor/founder/publisher
        Raw Foods News Magazine
        www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com
        An online magazine celebrating raw vegan cuisine since March 2001, and featuring authoritative info, breaking news, and fun interactive features on the raw vegan lifestyle. Have you signed up for our free e-newsletter?
        Also see our blog at http://stuffrawfoodistslike.blogspot.com
      • Joan Levin
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2008

          Yes, I’d like that raw matzah recipe in detail too!   Joan

        • Anne Mark
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2008
            Sorry also for the delay-----
            You may try Robin Silberman's Recipe in her book, called L'Chaim, To Life
            A Living Foods Passover Haggadah.  This uses carrots and flax seed.  However,
            there are many who don't use flaxseed, as it is kitnyot.
            I've also tried a mixture of brazil nuts and sunflower seeds with a little sea salt and water
            It doesn't hold together really well though.
            Good Luck!
            Chana Rachel
            www.israelgoneraw.com

            vegwriter@gmail. com