Strategies for Eating

  • cockatoo77777
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2008
      I've just read the last few messages on this site, and thought I'd
      throw in my 2 cents. Raw fooders cannot change those around us, and
      from my previous pre-raw life, I no longer want food to control me. If
      someone were to throw me a birthday party, then I would bring what I
      would want to eat, including a raw cake and some banana ice cream, and
      be done with it. From past encounters with friends and relatives, I
      just want to make sure I have something to eat, and let everyone else
      eat what they like. For restaurants, I can always eat salad, or a
      plate of veggies. I personally would not go to a restaurant without
      eating. I no longer allow other people to dictate what I
      should/would/could/ eat. On Thanksgiving, I make a huge salad for
      everyone with everything in it(I'm here in California), and the salad
      goes on my big plate. I eat a lot of it. I've also brought with me
      another raw dish to share, something more substantial. I have tried
      over the years to make my being a vegetarian/vegan/raw food persona
      invisible. I don't find it an issue anymore, because I don't make it
      an issue. It's more for me, to say there is more in this world to be
      worried about than food. But that is coming from me, a person with a
      life-long eating disorder.
    • Cathy
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2008
        My sentiments exactly ... sounds like the same, or very similar place, that I am at in my
        life. A place that works for me. I've grown secure in my choices and lifestyle. One day at
        a time. ~ Cathy