Vegetarian and Jewish? Check out VeJEWtarian!

  • Helene Idels
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2009

      Are You JEWISH & VEGETARIAN?

      Is JUDAISM of true importance to you?

      Is VEGETARIANISM of true importance to you?

      If you answer yes, yes, yes, then yes, yes, yes, you are in the right place : )

      Being JEWISH is at the heart of who we are,
      and being VEGETARIAN is outward manifestation of our deeply held Jewish values!

      http://www.kidsla.org/vejewtarian.htm

      If you agree, then you are a
      VeJEWtarian

      UPCOMING EVENTS:

      Kabbalat Shabbat
      Bluegrass Service

      followed by Kiddush
      of hummos, pita, and fresh crisp veggies

      Friday, October 16th
      7:30pm
      in Woodland Hills

      RSVP to:
      info@...

      Kabbalat Shabbat
      Klezmer Service

      followed by Kiddush
      of hummos, pita, and fresh crisp veggies

      Friday, October 23rd
      7:30pm
      in Woodland Hills

      RSVP to:
      info@...

      If you're interested in getting on an e-mail list to find out about opportunities to come together
      to celebrate Jewish holidays and holy days with totally vegetarian food, then please e-mail:
      info @ VeJEWtarian . org

      Being Jewish is a matter of our heritage and that is important to us.
      Our ancestors did not struggle, suffer, & die to remain JEWISH for us to throw that away.
      Others have tried to destroy our people throughout the ages,
      but let us not help them.

      Neither, in good conscience, can we allow other animals to suffer and die for us.
      Thus, being VEGETARIAN is important to us as well.
      Others are destroying the lives of other animals, the planet, and their own health,
      but let us not help them either.

      Let us live actively as JEWS and as VEGETARIANS - as
      VeJEWtarians !

      ALSO, FOR GREAT PROGRAMS FOR GREAT KIDS, PLEASE CHECK OUT:

      Weekend
      Community Service
      Activities for Kids

      Summer