      Kitchen News From Israel - Issue #22

      In This Issue:

      * Minerals
      * Recipes
      * Products
      * Classes
      * Grab 'N Go

      Minerals
      Minerals in the Foods we eat assist the body in different functions. They are found widely in natural raw plant foods. As we sprout, soak and ferment certain foods (nuts and seeds for example), these processes make it easier for the body to digest them. They help release certain minerals that are bound in these foods and increase the proportion of calcium, iron and zinc that the body absorbs. In addition, eating organically can increase the amount of certain minerals in the foods. Studies of organic crops have shown that they produce more minerals such as iron, magnesium, phosphorous than crops grown using pesticides and herbicides. Minerals make up about 4 % of your body weight and perform bodily functions such as iron in the production of hemoglobin. Examples of typical minerals found in plant based foods are:
      Chromium- apples, bananas, lettuce, onions, oranges peppers, psyllium seeds, tomatoes
      Copper- Bananas, prunes, raisins, Brazil nuts, pecans, seeds, sweet potatoes
      Magnesium- chocolate, figs, fruits, dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds , many vegetables
      Manganese- berries, pineapple, and many other raw foods
      Molybdenum- wide variety
      Phosphorus- raspberries, raisins, lentils, apricots
      Potassium-- green beans, mushrooms, potatoes, tomatoes, strawberries, and other fruits and veggies
      Selenium-Brazil nuts, asparagus, psyllium seeds, shiitake mushrooms
      Sodium--Celery, tamari, Himalayan or Celtic Salt (We do not recommend table salt which has been highly processed with additives
      Zinc- Cashews, legumes (these we normally sprout), seeds, tahini
      (Most nutritional info gathered from "Raw Revolution Diet" by Cherie Soria, B Davis and V Melina)

      High Vitamin C Smoothie

      1 Red Grapefruit
      2 Juicy oranges
      handful of spinach or other dark leafy

      Peel and seed grapefruit and oranges
      Soak, wash and check leafy greens
      Place all in a blender with a little pure water and blend.
      Sometimes I add a Tablespoon of chia seeds before I blend.
      Chia seeds add omega 3's , 6's and help to keep our bodies hydrated and are loaded with minerals including iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, molybdenum and magnesium and folic acid.
      ***

      Loving Earth Raw Chocolate Bars
      Products

      Chia Seeds 250 gr. 65 NIS
      Chia Seeds 500 gr 120 NIS
      Loving Earth Chocolate Bars 45 gr 30 NIS
      Loving Earth Chocolate Bars 100 gr 58 NIS
      Chock Full 'O (Raw) Chocolate-e-book 45 NIS
      Pasta~The Raw Way- e-book 36 NIS
      Grab 'N Go Foods (Menu below)

      (both available for immediate download@ wwwisraelgoneraw.com)

      (Raw chocolate is a simple yet revolutionary approach to chocolate. It contains no sugar or dairy and is suitable for vegans, it is essentially uncooked, unprocessed chocolate in its pure rich essential form sweetened with agave syrup (a natural low GI sweetener). It is a wickedly decadent healthy treat. The cacao beans are not roasted and this means that their wealth of phytonutrients are fully intact. Our Raw chocolate has been independently tested by Southern Cross University to have up to 2 times the antioxidants of conventionally processed chocolate.)
      These are arriving next week -- We apologize for the delay to those who have been awaiting orders.

      Grab 'N Go Foods-- week of March 7 - '10

      Order by: Wednesday afternoon by 2 pm for Shabbat

      Green Smoothies 25

      Brownie Bite Cookies (170 grams) 25

      Quiche Mini Personal Size 12
      1-2 People 20
      Medium Feeds 4-6 75
      Large Regular Pie Size 150

      Sushi Wraps-- NO FISH All vegetable—2 rolls 55
      w/Asian Dip

      Pasta w/ marinara or alfredo sauce 4-8 people 150

      Mexican Combo w/nacho chips, spicy taco "meat"
      Salata w/Mexican dressing nacho "cheese" 65

      Sprouted Granola Packs 22

      Teriyaki Seed Packs (250 grams) 25

      Carrot Cake w/ coconut cream icing 20 (personal size)
      Carrot Cake w/ coconut cream icing 35 (feeds 2-3)
      Feeds 4-6 75
      Large 6-8 175

      NY Style Raspberry Cheesecakes (personal size) 20
      12-15 people 250

      Flax Crackers per pack (150grams) 15

      Pecan/Date/Cacao (each ball) 4

      Sweet Nuttins cookies 8 in a pack 25

      Nacho Corn Chips 150 grams 18

      Nacho Cheese Spread 20

      Pesto -- Walnut / Basil 20

      Sundried Tomato Pesto 20

      Order by Weds, 2 pm—(for Shabbat)Pick up in Jerusalem or Ma'ale Adumim

      All Food is Kosher/Pareve/Vegan (NO eggs, dairy, meat, poultry, fish,
      white or brown sugar, colorings, hydrogenated oils, margarine)
      All food is GLUTEN FREE!!!

      IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE FUTURE NEWSLETTERS IN YOUR INBOX, GO TO :
      www.israelgoneraw.com and fill in your name and email
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic