RE: JewishMusic Message Board "Vehaya Machanecha Kadosh!" Banning Lipa Shmeltzer

  • Itzhak Schier
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2008
      B"H

      This coming from a Yid who is such a Zionist that he is known to sing Hashem
      Hu Malkeinu at the Shabbos table (with a friend who is related to Reb Amram
      Bloy ZYA).

      Lipa and the yidden of Sderot are tzaddikim. You are quickly approaching the
      level of a pay tzaddik. Wait until after the next US elections followed by
      the next NY mayoral elections and you too will soon know what sakono is and
      then you will sing a very different tune - and it won't be abi melebt!

      Moshiach now!!! Bull**** never!!!!

      ---

      http://www.millionwordsite.com - get your word and get heard!

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2008
        Sorry guys, I didn't mean it in that way. I guess I did go a little
        too far on that.
        Now getting back to Lipa:
        I have been told by Kuppy Elbogen-- who happens to be teaching at
        Satmar-- that Lipa's hashpa was never good for children:
        Singing all that Rap. It's bad enough that we've got too much of the
        Rock n' Roll! Not to mention, a lot of his music was picked up by
        Lipa going to clubs!
        Think about it:
        When was the last time you've found R' Dovid Feinstein's name on
        a Kol Korei?

        --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "Itzhak Schier" <i.schier@...>
        wrote:

        > B"H
        >

        > This coming from a Yid who is such a Zionist that he is known to
        sing Hashem
        > Hu Malkeinu at the Shabbos table (with a friend who is related to
        Reb Amram
        > Bloy ZYA).
        >

        > Lipa and the yidden of Sderot are tzaddikim. You are quickly
        approaching the
        > level of a pay tzaddik. Wait until after the next US elections
        followed by
        > the next NY mayoral elections and you too will soon know what
        sakono is and
        > then you will sing a very different tune - and it won't be abi
        melebt!

        > Moshiach now!!! Bull**** never!!!!

        --------
        > ---
        >
        > http://www.millionwordsite.com - get your word and get heard!

        Banning

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2008
          B"H

          The clubs bit is nonsense. Full stop. The orchestras and composers got the
          notes to him and he sang barely knowing where the music came from.

          Lipa's music is not rap unless you mean what he does at chassunes which is
          up to the families and none of anyone else's business. You have the right to
          think it is *rap but it most certainly is not rap - even Gelt is not
          irritation the way rap is.

          The ban on Lipa in Satmar schools is well known and understandable. Avraham
          Fried is not happy that Lubavitch cheder yingelach and bochurim listen to
          his music and one or two yeshivas ban it.

          I was distracted but pls listen to the Zev Brenner interview where Sheya M
          mentions R' Dovid Feinstein and what really happened -let us know as I won't
          have time to listen to it again until after my birthday on Pesach Sheini at
          the rate things are (BH) going in my life now J.

          ---

          --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com <mailto:JewishMusic%40yahoogroups.com> ,
          "Itzhak Schier" <i.schier@...>
          wrote:

          > B"H
          >

          > This coming from a Yid who is such a Zionist that he is known to
          sing Hashem
          > Hu Malkeinu at the Shabbos table (with a friend who is related to
          Reb Amram
          > Bloy ZYA).
          >

          > Lipa and the yidden of Sderot are tzaddikim. You are quickly
          approaching the
          > level of a pay tzaddik. Wait until after the next US elections
          followed by
          > the next NY mayoral elections and you too will soon know what
          sakono is and
          > then you will sing a very different tune - and it won't be abi
          melebt!

          > Moshiach now!!! Bull**** never!!!!

          --------
          > ---
          >
          > http://www.millionwordsite.com - get your word and get heard!

        • donnella whitacre

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 4, 2008
              sorry that was my error because i speak neither i just loved the background instruments and the voice. my pardon.
              (edited by moderator)

              Itzhak Schier <i.schier@...> wrote: B"H

              Your only error is that there is no Russian in his music – it is Hungarian
              Yiddish!! I speak and hear only real Russian Yiddish as I am a Lubavitcher
              and live in Ukraine and I often need help from this board’s resident
              Hungarian to understand any new Lipa song that comes out! Otherwise you are
              100% right.

              ---

              http://www.millionwordsite.com - get your word and get heard!