new stuff

  • whoknowsone2005
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 1, 2005
      First of all, WAC8000 loved the comment, very funny, BUT it's not
      3's - it's 4's, have you forgotten, London Girls Choir just came out
      last month!

      I got Marcus brothers a couple days ago, and it really is awesome,
      the lyrics are so original, and the music is so profesional, your
      right on the money that they said like a cooler younger fried. I am
      defenitly gonna be writing a review on this album sometime soon.

      eichlers is gonna send me to the poor house, i just bought in the
      last week these albums:

      YBC
      MIAMI
      Karduner
      Marcus Brothers.

      unless fried comes out with an album soon, i think im off the buying
      cd's market for a while.

      The miami to me is miami, nothing more or less, the english song is
      really cheesy, hearing boys sing about tree's growing and fields ...
      would have been better for the london girls to sing that one ... I
      love the sefardi song, even though i dont like that everyone has a
      token sefardi song, but it's still very catchy, revach is catchy and
      fun, that chaseedish song is way wierd, YB should not try to sound
      like schnitzler ... especially after hearing him at the begining of
      the cd sing sefardi. too many different things happening, the mi adir
      is amazing simply classic BUT i love the Mi Adir on YBC2 also! and
      it's very confusing cause same words, both slow .. and miami has a
      v'ohavta song also .. thats one of those slow, than fast, then slow
      songs again.

      The YBC2 is good, I like it, the music is also very impressive, and
      it's not as gerstnerized as his stuff usally is, but WAY to much mini
      gersnter ...

      The Karduner havent really played so much yet, the house is in a
      choir rage

      My kids are beging me for kinderlach, thier cousins have it, but i
      just can't lay out anymore cd gelt. by the way if you go acording to
      my kids they each love the other one, my oldest is listening to YBC2
      non stop in his room, and my middle one is listening to miami in the
      living room. (and im listening to marcus brothers in the car - lol )
    • ukidmenot04
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 1, 2005
        I enjoyed the first YBC album a lot...I am excited to hear the second
        one but I'm a long time Miami fan and am very happy with the new album
        so far, so the new YBC will have to wait just a bit, I can't do both
        at the same time :)...I heard the V'ahavta song on the radio, it's
        very cute, typical YBC...it's amazing how different the two choirs
        are, just amazing, totally and completely different style and sound.
        --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "tweetz712" <tweetz712@y...> wrote:

        > Whoa...is like NO1 hyped up about this album except me?? im going to
        be
        > calling mostlymusic tomorrow to order it IY"H..although i wish i
        > wouldve waited cuz i just called yesterday for Revach. Anyways, for
        > those of you who have YBC2-do u guys like it atleast?? And also, to
        you
        > other people, im SO excited for more of Eli's projects to come out-i
        > LOVE his music and think he's awesome! I think no matter how much he
        > puts out, everyone will still buy it!! ~Bat7:)
      • ukidmenot04
        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 1, 2005
          Is ybc having a concert in Brooklyn on Chol Hamoed? If so, what
          night/s?
          --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "Mindy" <MindyCL@v...> wrote:
          > I am not as hyped as YBC as I am about MBC because I am not as
          invested in them, they are relatively new, it's a pleasant album to
          listen to but it doesnt rank up there on the MBC level with me. I am
          still looking forward to hearing it. Also it's REALLY bad timing for
          them both to come out at the same time. I guess they've officially
          become competition....

          view the posts on the web, visit
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishMusic

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          > Children International
          > Would you give Hope to a Child in need?
          >
          > · Click Here to meet a Girl
          > And Give Her Hope
          >
          > · Click Here to meet a Boy
          > And Change His Life
          >
          > Learn More

          of Service.
        • Mindy
          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 1, 2005
            queens college tuesday night i think
            Is ybc having a concert in Brooklyn on Chol Hamoed? If so, what
            night/s?
            --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "Mindy" <MindyCL@v...> wrote:
            > I am not as hyped as YBC as I am about MBC because I am not as
            invested in them, they are relatively new, it's a pleasant album to
            listen to but it doesnt rank up there on the MBC level with me. I am
            still looking forward to hearing it. Also it's REALLY bad timing for
            them both to come out at the same time. I guess they've officially
            become competition....

            of Service.

            JEWISHMUSIC@... -- the "IN" place on the web for Jewish Music aficionados!!!!

          • renalah
            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 1, 2005
              i bought the new miami and new ybc cds today im sure i will LOVE both
              of them

              --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "gerstnerfan" <gerstnerfan@y...>

              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 1, 2005
                so everyone here has been saying that since that yossi newman guy is
                moving to new jeresy this is the last yeshiva boys choir cd...but...if
                thats the case then how come on the back of the cd case it still
                says "For auditions or more information about the YBC..." call EG
                PRODUCTIONS followed by a new york phone number...? maybe there will be
                a ybc 3?
              • chanie617
                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 1, 2005
                  I think it's just a rumor, maybe it's not true.

                  --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "renalah" <Babyrooni08@a...> wrote:

                  > so everyone here has been saying that since that yossi newman guy is
                  > moving to new jeresy this is the last yeshiva boys choir cd...but...if
                  > thats the case then how come on the back of the cd case it still
                  > says "For auditions or more information about the YBC..." call EG
                  > PRODUCTIONS followed by a new york phone number...? maybe there will be
                  > a ybc 3?
                • tweetz712
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 10, 2005
                    Wow! I just wanted to say that i'm blown away by YBC2! I just got it
                    from mostlymusic last week and I love the entire album through! the
                    flute in the first song i think is pretty shticky sounding and they
                    have great new tunes! Shkoi'ach to Eli-he still continues to put out
                    AMAZING albums! ~Bat7
                  • whoknowsone2005
                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 10, 2005
                      I very much agree. This is Eli Gertners finest work, the music is so
                      amazing, there is a part in the middle of Mi adir, that is simply
                      stunning. Every song is great.

                      wrote:

                      > Wow! I just wanted to say that i'm blown away by YBC2! I just got
                      it
                      > from mostlymusic last week and I love the entire album through! the
                      > flute in the first song i think is pretty shticky sounding and they
                      > have great new tunes! Shkoi'ach to Eli-he still continues to put
                      out
                      > AMAZING albums! ~Bat7
                    • jewmuschmu
                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 10, 2005
                        Whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Good? yes. Great? maybe.
                        Finest work? certainly not. Leave us not forget such productions as
                        Chevra 2 and Menucha. But, that's just my opinion. Is this his most
                        original album? probably. I might just have to waste some time
                        tomorrow and write a review.

                        Noah

                        --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "whoknowsone2005"
                        <whoknowsone2005@y...> wrote:

                        > I very much agree. This is Eli Gertners finest work, the music is so
                        > amazing, there is a part in the middle of Mi adir, that is simply
                        > stunning. Every song is great.
                        >
                        > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "tweetz712" <tweetz712@y...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Wow! I just wanted to say that i'm blown away by YBC2! I just got
                        > it
                        > > from mostlymusic last week and I love the entire album through! the
                        > > flute in the first song i think is pretty shticky sounding and they
                        > > have great new tunes! Shkoi'ach to Eli-he still continues to put
                        > out
                        > > AMAZING albums! ~Bat7
                      • whoknowsone2005
                        Message 11 of 30 , Apr 11, 2005
                          I think it's his best work yet, cause so far to date, this has the
                          least digitized, least typical of all his albums, unlike this miami
                          which is very good, don't get me wrong, but it is a basic miami album,
                          and there a couple songs that i know sound familiar.
                        • Mindy

                            Message 13 of 30 , Apr 11, 2005
                              Re: [JewishMusic] Re: YBC2 I TOTALLY agree.

                              You know that I like to be the critic, and I’m highly critical about a lot of EG’s work — BUT YBC2 is fantastic: it’s original, well produced, energetic from song to song, and fun to hear over and over. I’d say those are the characteristics of a great album.

                              From: "whoknowsone2005" <whoknowsone2005@...>
                              Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:02:27 -0000
                              To: JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com

                              I think it's his best work yet, cause so far to date, this has the
                              least digitized, least typical of all his albums, unlike this miami
                              which is very good, don't get me wrong, but it is a basic miami album,
                              and there a couple songs that i know sound familiar.

                              JEWISHMUSIC@... -- the "IN" place on the web for Jewish Music aficionados!!!!

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                              Children International
                              Would you give Hope to a Child in need?
                                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kcnk57/M=332618.5923858.6999527.2152211/D=groups/S=1705076315:HM/EXP=1113237574/A=2535374/R=0/SIG=142trf8s4/*http://children.780net.com/qry/CICHildselect.taf?_function=childSearch&ETTFMRS_BHST_ID=872&s=f&hostName=Children%20>
                              ·
                              Click Here to meet a Girl <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kcnk57/M=332618.5923858.6999527.2152211/D=groups/S=1705076315:HM/EXP=1113237574/A=2535374/R=1/SIG=142trf8s4/*http://children.780net.com/qry/CICHildselect.taf?_function=childSearch&ETTFMRS_BHST_ID=872&s=f&hostName=Children%20>
                              And Give Her Hope

                              ·
                              Click Here to meet a Boy <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kcnk57/M=332618.5923858.6999527.2152211/D=groups/S=1705076315:HM/EXP=1113237574/A=2535374/R=2/SIG=1424c63em/*http://children.780net.com/qry/CICHildselect.taf?_function=childSearch&ETTFMRS_BHST_ID=871&s=m&hostName=Children%20>
                              And Change His Life
                              Learn More <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kcnk57/M=332618.5923858.6999527.2152211/D=groups/S=1705076315:HM/EXP=1113237574/A=2535374/R=3/SIG=1424c63em/*http://children.780net.com/qry/CICHildselect.taf?_function=childSearch&ETTFMRS_BHST_ID=871&s=m&hostName=Children%20>

                              Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • Shoshana Ziskind
                              Message 14 of 30 , Apr 11, 2005
                                Really? See if someone who loves EG productions tell me YBC2 is great
                                it doesn't tell me anything as so far I have yet to like anything EG
                                related but if someone who usually doesn't like EG says its good, well
                                then I'm intrigued (although I don't have money to buy albums for 6
                                months after what I've been spending from Pesach!)

                                I can't stop listening to Miami Revach btw.

                                On Apr 11, 2005, at 10:58 AM, WAC eightthousand wrote:

                                > I TOTALLY agree.
                                >
                                > You know that I like to be the critic, and I’m highly critical about
                                > a lot of EG’s work — BUT YBC2 is fantastic: it’s original, well
                                > produced, energetic from song to song, and fun to hear over and over.
                                > I’d say those are the characteristics of a great album.

                                Shoshana Ziskind
                                WE WANT MOSHIACH NOW!
                              • gerstnerfan
                                Message 15 of 30 , Apr 11, 2005
                                  trust me youll love the album, i cant stop listening to it. even the
                                  old people in my extended family who usually dont like eg loves this
                                  album. maybe not the same songs i love, but none the less still loves
                                  it. (not that your old)

                                  --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, Shoshana Ziskind <shosh@z...>
                                  wrote:
                                  > Really? See if someone who loves EG productions tell me YBC2 is
                                  great
                                  > it doesn't tell me anything as so far I have yet to like anything
                                  EG
                                  > related but if someone who usually doesn't like EG says its good,
                                  well
                                  > then I'm intrigued (although I don't have money to buy albums for 6
                                  > months after what I've been spending from Pesach!)
                                  >
                                  > I can't stop listening to Miami Revach btw.
                                  >
                                  > On Apr 11, 2005, at 10:58 AM, WAC eightthousand wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > I TOTALLY agree.
                                  > >
                                  > > You know that I like to be the critic, and I'm highly critical
                                  about
                                  > > a lot of EG's work — BUT YBC2 is fantastic: it's original, well
                                  > > produced, energetic from song to song, and fun to hear over and
                                  over.
                                  > > I'd say those are the characteristics of a great album.

                                  > Shoshana Ziskind
                                  > WE WANT MOSHIACH NOW!
                                • ukidmenot04
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Apr 11, 2005
                                    So, you didn't like the first YBC album?
                                    (btw, glad you're enjoying Miami Revach ;)
                                    wrote:
                                    > Really? See if someone who loves EG productions tell me YBC2 is
                                    great
                                    > it doesn't tell me anything as so far I have yet to like anything
                                    EG
                                    > related but if someone who usually doesn't like EG says its good,
                                    well
                                    > then I'm intrigued (although I don't have money to buy albums for
                                    6
                                    > months after what I've been spending from Pesach!)
                                    >
                                    > I can't stop listening to Miami Revach btw.
                                    >
                                    > On Apr 11, 2005, at 10:58 AM, WAC eightthousand wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > I TOTALLY agree.
                                    > >
                                    > > You know that I like to be the critic, and I'm highly critical
                                    about
                                    > > a lot of EG's work — BUT YBC2 is fantastic: it's original, well
                                    > > produced, energetic from song to song, and fun to hear over and
                                    over.
                                    > > I'd say those are the characteristics of a great album.

                                    > Shoshana Ziskind
                                    > WE WANT MOSHIACH NOW!
                                  • Shoshana Ziskind
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Apr 11, 2005
                                      Nope. Like I said, nothing that EG has been involved in so far has done
                                      much for me. Its personal preference. I can't really explain it.

                                      And I'm listening to Miami - Revach now. :)

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Apr 11, 2005
                                        sounds like you just have a more conservative style while his is
                                        more modern...

                                        wrote:
                                        > Nope. Like I said, nothing that EG has been involved in so far has
                                        done
                                        > much for me. Its personal preference. I can't really explain it.
                                        >
                                        > And I'm listening to Miami - Revach now. :)
                                        >
                                        > On Apr 11, 2005, at 3:06 PM, ukidmenot04 wrote:
                                        >

                                        > > So, you didn't like the first YBC album?
                                        > > (btw, glad you're enjoying Miami Revach ;)

                                        > Shoshana Ziskind
                                        > WE WANT MOSHIACH NOW!
                                      • youngestgirl18
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Apr 11, 2005
                                          At first when I had first bought YBC I found it awfully hard to
                                          listen to... it was just giving me a big headache- you know all the
                                          yelling & noise in the background...

                                          but to my surprise the more I listen to it the more I'm actually
                                          enjoying it.
                                          I guess that's the way it works w/ all Eli G.'s tapes- to me at
                                          least!

                                          --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "ukidmenot04" <ukidmenot04@y...>
                                          wrote:

                                          > sounds like you just have a more conservative style while his is
                                          > more modern...
                                          >
                                          > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, Shoshana Ziskind <shosh@z...>
                                          > wrote:
                                          > > Nope. Like I said, nothing that EG has been involved in so far
                                          has
                                          > done
                                          > > much for me. Its personal preference. I can't really explain
                                          it.

                                          > > And I'm listening to Miami - Revach now. :)
                                          > >
                                          > > On Apr 11, 2005, at 3:06 PM, ukidmenot04 wrote:
                                          > >

                                          > > > So, you didn't like the first YBC album?
                                          > > > (btw, glad you're enjoying Miami Revach ;)

                                          > > Shoshana Ziskind
                                          > > WE WANT MOSHIACH NOW!
                                        • ukidmenot04
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Apr 11, 2005
                                            I totally agree!
                                            --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "youngestgirl18"
                                            <youngestgirl18@y...> wrote:

                                            > At first when I had first bought YBC I found it awfully hard to
                                            > listen to... it was just giving me a big headache- you know all
                                            the
                                            > yelling & noise in the background...
                                            >
                                            > but to my surprise the more I listen to it the more I'm actually
                                            > enjoying it.
                                            > I guess that's the way it works w/ all Eli G.'s tapes- to me at
                                            > least!
                                            >

                                            > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "ukidmenot04"
                                            <ukidmenot04@y...>
                                            > wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > sounds like you just have a more conservative style while his is
                                            > > more modern...
                                            > >
                                            > > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, Shoshana Ziskind
                                            <shosh@z...>
                                            > > wrote:
                                            > > > Nope. Like I said, nothing that EG has been involved in so far
                                            > has
                                            > > done
                                            > > > much for me. Its personal preference. I can't really explain
                                            > it.
                                            > > >
                                            > > > And I'm listening to Miami - Revach now. :)

                                            > > > Shoshana Ziskind
                                            > > > WE WANT MOSHIACH NOW!
                                          • tweetz712
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Apr 11, 2005
                                              I agree with all of that-i think the album is amazing and i just
                                              cant stop listening to it! way cool music and great everything! i
                                              really look forward to 'tek-noy'-i bet its gonna rock! too bad its
                                              off till end of summer.
                                              --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, WAC eightthousand <wac8000@e...>
                                              wrote:
                                              > I TOTALLY agree.
                                              >
                                              > You know that I like to be the critic, and I¹m highly critical
                                              about a lot
                                              > of EG¹s work ‹ BUT YBC2 is fantastic: it¹s original, well produced,
                                              > energetic from song to song, and fun to hear over and over. I¹d
                                              say those
                                              > are the characteristics of a great album.
                                              > >
                                              > > From: "whoknowsone2005" <whoknowsone2005@y...>
                                              > > Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:02:27 -0000
                                              > > To: JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com
                                              > > Subject: [JewishMusic] Re: YBC2
                                              > >

                                              > > I think it's his best work yet, cause so far to date, this has
                                              the
                                              > > least digitized, least typical of all his albums, unlike this
                                              miami
                                              > > which is very good, don't get me wrong, but it is a basic miami
                                              album,
                                              > > and there a couple songs that i know sound familiar.
                                              > >

                                              > > JEWISHMUSIC@Y... -- the "IN" place on the web for Jewish Music
                                              > > aficionados!!!!
                                              > >
                                              > > For information on unsubscribing or changing your options, or to
                                              view the
                                              > > posts on the web, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishMusic
                                              > >

                                              > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                              > > Children International
                                              > > Would you give Hope to a Child in need?

                                              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kcnk57/M=332618.5923858.6999527.21522
                                              11/D=grou

                                              ps/S=1705076315:HM/EXP=1113237574/A=2535374/R=0/SIG=142trf8s4/*http:/
                                              /children
                                              > > .780net.com/qry/CICHildselect.taf?
                                              _function=childSearch&ETTFMRS_BHST_ID=872&s=
                                              > > f&hostName=Children%20>
                                              > > · Click Here to meet a Girl

                                              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kcnk57/M=332618.5923858.6999527.21522
                                              11/D=grou

                                              ps/S=1705076315:HM/EXP=1113237574/A=2535374/R=1/SIG=142trf8s4/*http:/
                                              /children
                                              > > .780net.com/qry/CICHildselect.taf?
                                              _function=childSearch&ETTFMRS_BHST_ID=872&s=
                                              > > f&hostName=Children%20>
                                              > > And Give Her Hope
                                              > > · Click Here to meet a Boy

                                              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kcnk57/M=332618.5923858.6999527.21522
                                              11/D=grou

                                              ps/S=1705076315:HM/EXP=1113237574/A=2535374/R=2/SIG=1424c63em/*http:/
                                              /children
                                              > > .780net.com/qry/CICHildselect.taf?
                                              _function=childSearch&ETTFMRS_BHST_ID=871&s=
                                              > > m&hostName=Children%20>
                                              > > And Change His Life
                                              > > Learn More

                                              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kcnk57/M=332618.5923858.6999527.21522
                                              11/D=grou

                                              ps/S=1705076315:HM/EXP=1113237574/A=2535374/R=3/SIG=1424c63em/*http:/
                                              /children
                                              > > .780net.com/qry/CICHildselect.taf?
                                              _function=childSearch&ETTFMRS_BHST_ID=871&s=
                                              > > m&hostName=Children%20>
                                              > >

                                              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                              > > *
                                              subject=Unsubscribe>
                                              > > *
                                              Service
                                              > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                                            • Shoshana Ziskind
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Apr 11, 2005
                                                I don't think that's necessarily true. I like Ohad's cd and that's
                                                pretty modern although I do like a lot of older stuff which could be
                                                considered conservative.

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Apr 12, 2005
                                                  right, but I sort of meant modern in a more "funky" way in this
                                                  case...you know what I mean?
                                                  wrote:
                                                  > I don't think that's necessarily true. I like Ohad's cd and that's
                                                  > pretty modern although I do like a lot of older stuff which could
                                                  be
                                                  > considered conservative.
                                                  >
                                                  > On Apr 11, 2005, at 4:26 PM, ukidmenot04 wrote:
                                                  >

                                                  > > sounds like you just have a more conservative style while his is
                                                  > > more modern...
                                                  > >
                                                  > > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, Shoshana Ziskind <shosh@z...>
                                                  > > wrote:
                                                  > >> Nope. Like I said, nothing that EG has been involved in so far
                                                  has
                                                  > > done
                                                  > >> much for me. Its personal preference. I can't really explain
                                                  it.

                                                  > >> And I'm listening to Miami - Revach now. :)

                                                  > Shoshana Ziskind
                                                  > WE WANT MOSHIACH NOW!
                                                • Shoshana Ziskind
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Apr 12, 2005
                                                    I guess not, but its okay :)

                                                    On Apr 12, 2005, at 10:43 AM, ukidmenot04 wrote:

                                                    > right, but I sort of meant modern in a more "funky" way in this
                                                    > case...you know what I mean?

                                                    Shoshana Ziskind
                                                    WE WANT MOSHIACH NOW!
                                                  • jacob friedman
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Feb 18, 2007
                                                      This is the cover of YBC 3

                                                      You could see more on Sameachmusicpodcast.com.

                                                    • music_grape
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Feb 18, 2007
                                                        Whatever happened to Menucha 2? Why aren't they going to also be in
                                                        that concert line-up "debuting" their new album which was supposed to
                                                        be out sometime last year?
                                                      • ukidmenot04
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Feb 19, 2007
                                                          I like the cover, it's nice and neat. :)
                                                          --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, jacob friedman