Re: New shira girls cd?

  • ukidmenot04
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2005
      it's out already?? I know they were working on a new one, so I guess
      this is it...

      --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "Mindy" <MindyCL@v...> wrote:
      > I just saw that there's a new Shira Girls choir release on Mostly
      Music -- is this new or a rerelease?
    • renalah
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2005
        from what im seeing on mostly music, this is not the new one. the
        difference i see is that the old one is finally available on CD!!!
        (btw i really like this tape u guys)

        --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "ukidmenot04" <ukidmenot04@y...>

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2005
          if it's not the new one, the new one should be out soon...and I liked
          the first one too...gosh, I haven't heard it in years...that's the
          fun part about girls choirs--the girls never have to change...:)

          --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "renalah" <Babyrooni08@a...>

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2005
            well the girls never HAVE to change...but im pretty sure that the new
            shira girls choir album is going to be different girls than the first
            one

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2005
              some, yes...it took a long time to put together, so some girls had to
              leave...

              wrote:

              > well the girls never HAVE to change...but im pretty sure that the
              new
              > shira girls choir album is going to be different girls than the
              first
              > one
              >
              > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "ukidmenot04"
              <ukidmenot04@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > if it's not the new one, the new one should be out soon...and I
              > liked
              > > the first one too...gosh, I haven't heard it in years...that's
              the
              > > fun part about girls choirs--the girls never have to change...:)
              > >
              > > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "renalah" <Babyrooni08@a...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > from what im seeing on mostly music, this is not the new one.
              the
              > > > difference i see is that the old one is finally available on
              > CD!!!
              > > > (btw i really like this tape u guys)
              > > >
              > > > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "ukidmenot04"
              > > <ukidmenot04@y...>

              > > > guess

              > > Mostly
            • chanie617
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 2, 2005
                speaking of girls choirs. Does anyone remember that women who posted
                about a girls choir in England that she was directing? Anyone know the
                link to their website?

                wrote:

                > it's out already?? I know they were working on a new one, so I guess
                > this is it...
                >
                > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "Mindy" <MindyCL@v...> wrote:
                > > I just saw that there's a new Shira Girls choir release on Mostly
                > Music -- is this new or a rerelease?
              • kwaintman
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 4, 2005
                  The Shira Girls Choir tape came out over 6 years ago - many of those
                  girls are adults now & even married - so of course it would be new
                  girls!!
                  Speaking of girls choirs, whatever happened with Rochel Miller? i
                  USED TO LOVE HER STUFF BUT SHE HASN'T COME OUT WITH ANYTHING IN A
                  LONG TIME.
                  wrote:

                  > some, yes...it took a long time to put together, so some girls had
                  > leave...
                  >

                  > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "renalah" <Babyrooni08@a...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > well the girls never HAVE to change...but im pretty sure that
                  the
                  > new
                  > > shira girls choir album is going to be different girls than the
                  > first
                  > > one
                  > >
                  > > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "ukidmenot04"
                  > <ukidmenot04@y...>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > if it's not the new one, the new one should be out soon...and
                  > > liked
                  > > > the first one too...gosh, I haven't heard it in years...that's
                  > the
                  > > > fun part about girls choirs--the girls never have to
                  change...:)

                  > > > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "renalah"
                  <Babyrooni08@a...>

                  > the
                  > > CD!!!

                  > > > <ukidmenot04@y...>

                  > > > Mostly
                • Yossi Fraenkel
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 4, 2005
                    her website is www.theshiracentre.com and her name is dina
                    cohen/diamont.

                    --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "chanie617" <chanie617@g...>

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 4, 2005
                      6 years? wow,time flies...well then for sure the girls have
                      changed....about Rochel Miller, I'm not sure...she hasn't put on one
                      of her concerts in a couple of years...not sure why...

                      --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "kwaintman" <kwaintman@y...>
                      wrote:

                      > The Shira Girls Choir tape came out over 6 years ago - many of
                      those
                      > girls are adults now & even married - so of course it would be new
                      > girls!!
                      > Speaking of girls choirs, whatever happened with Rochel Miller? i
                      > USED TO LOVE HER STUFF BUT SHE HASN'T COME OUT WITH ANYTHING IN A
                      > LONG TIME.
                      > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "ukidmenot04"
                      <ukidmenot04@y...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > some, yes...it took a long time to put together, so some girls
                      had
                      > > leave...
                      > >

                      > > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "renalah" <Babyrooni08@a...>
                      > > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > well the girls never HAVE to change...but im pretty sure that
                      > the
                      > > new
                      > > > shira girls choir album is going to be different girls than
                      the
                      > > first
                      > > > one
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "ukidmenot04"
                      > > <ukidmenot04@y...>

                      > > > liked
                      > > the
                      > change...:)

                      > <Babyrooni08@a...>

                      > one.
                      > > the
                      > > > CD!!!

                      > so

                      > on
                    • rhk22988
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 20, 2005
                        the choir does have different girls than the first one (I'm one of
                        them), but no girls have had to leave yet...the new album should be
                        coming out before Purim, IY"H.......I may be be baised, but it is
                        AMAZING!

                        wrote:

                        > some, yes...it took a long time to put together, so some girls had
                        > leave...
                        >

                        > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "renalah" <Babyrooni08@a...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > well the girls never HAVE to change...but im pretty sure that the
                        > new
                        > > shira girls choir album is going to be different girls than the
                        > first
                        > > one
                        > >
                        > > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "ukidmenot04"
                        > <ukidmenot04@y...>
                        > > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > if it's not the new one, the new one should be out soon...and I
                        > > liked
                        > > > the first one too...gosh, I haven't heard it in years...that's
                        > the
                        > > > fun part about girls choirs--the girls never have to change...:)
                        > > >
                        > > > --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, "renalah"
                        <Babyrooni08@a...>

                        > the
                        > > CD!!!

                        > > > <ukidmenot04@y...>

                        > > > Mostly
                      • yochi
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 20, 2005
                          Then I hope none of my friends will notice it till next year..... they
                          keep playing it in school all the time while I'm starving for my
                          shwekey....:(

                          On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:32:41 -0000, rhk22988 <rhk22988@...> wrote:

                          ...the new album should be
                          > coming out before Purim, IY"H.......I may be be baised, but it is
                          > AMAZING!
                        • rhk22988
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 21, 2005
                            they still play shira in your school? that's amazing, it came out so
                            long ago! come on, I'm SURE youll like the new CD, its really
                            incredible, better than the first one...

                            --- In JewishMusic@yahoogroups.com, yochi <yochivorst@g...> wrote:
                            > Then I hope none of my friends will notice it till next year.....
                            they
                            > keep playing it in school all the time while I'm starving for my
                            > shwekey....:(
                            >

                            > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:32:41 -0000, rhk22988 <rhk22988@y...> wrote:
                            > >

                            > ...the new album should be
                            > > coming out before Purim, IY"H.......I may be be baised, but it is
                            > > AMAZING!
                          • yochi
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 22, 2005
                              it's been playing non-stop for about 2 weeks now. no one had it before....
                              i'll tell my friends about the coming cd only on the condition that
                              when I'm around, they'll play just shwekey :)
                              [don't worry, I'm exaggerating a bit, I'm not THAT obsessed...]