Schneider Bloshtein Chosid families from Keidan

  • Yehudah Shlomo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2004
      My grandmother's name from Mina/Mine/Mine (Chipa Micca) Schneider. She was the daughter of Myer and Rose Schneider of Keidan. I just saw and entry on the JewishGen site for a Mayer and Reizel Schneider from Keidan with children of the same name as my grandmother's sisters, Chana Simcha and Peisha Riva. It seems that her mother remarried a Dovid Bloshtein and has a half brother Hirsh Bloshtein. I have pictures of him and his daughters when they were young. And I believe a picture of him and his wife with Dovid and Reizel. On the JewGen site, the mother was listed as Reizel Garber, but on my grandmother's death certificate is has Spector not Garber. Also It listed Reizel's father as Kalman. It many places my grandmother talked about her mothers father Itzik Elchani who was a Rabbi in Kovno. Mina married Samuel/Solomon Chosid from the Janova Khosids also related to the Yurburg Chosids. Many came to America and became Shosid, Cossid, Wein/Wine, Lewis, Sandler, Levinsohn. Does anyone know anything about the Schneiders in Keidan and if the above information matches out. I have yet to find a record for my grandmother who was born in 1882.

      Sincerely,
      Yehudah ben Shlomo

      Do you Yahoo!?