New to group - hello and questions

  • chayasaramama18
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6 4:51 PM
      Hi - I've just learned of this group. Our family name is Kaidan. Does this automatically mean that we were originally from Kaidan/Keidanai? Are there others w/that last name here? Has anyone succeeded in tracking ancestors in Europe? I'm on ancestry but have come to a dead end. Can anyone out there assist?

      Thanks and all the best!
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7 5:14 PM
        Welcome! I don't believe that your family name "automatically" means you are linked to Keidan (my family name corresponds to a city in Germany, but I know of no connection there.) However, it's at least a clue, and if you're able to trace your immigrant ancestors back to Europe, you just might find something. any event, you're more than welcome to quiz the membership, and/or peruse the resources at www.keidan.net, which may give you some context and direction. Let me know if I can be of any help.

        Andy Cassel