Re: [JewishKeidan] Re: Flash sale at FamilyTreeDNA

  • Josh Weinstein
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 29, 2012
      Harvey,
                 Yes, that's what you get. It depends on whether genealogical records are complete. For example, Keidan town records are quite incomplete. I doubt if most Keidan families have complete records going back six generations. To quote Donald Rumsfeld, it's a matter of unknown knowns and unknown unknowns. My situation is typical. I have 1300 Family Finder matches with 1000 new matches per year at the current rate--- over 200 second, third and fourth cousins..  In my case none of the names were familiar from my family tree, but I only have decent information on one of my grandparental lines. I doubt if  anyone who tests for  Family Finder  will be familiar with 2300 names, but I could be wrong. By the way our rate will probably be $199.
                                                                                          Josh

      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 11, 2012

        Ada,
        The Keidan DNA Project is live. Why not join?
        Howard