FW: [JewishKeidan] Digest Number 326

  • Joanne Kaplan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2012
      Jewish Keidan
      Fellow Keidaners:

      I would be very interested in negotiating a group rate from 23andme. I believe that they are the organization that Louis Gates, Jr. uses for his TV shows, Finding Your Roots and Faces of America (PBS) They seem to do a very thorough DNA analysis on both males and females. Family Finder would be my next choice.

      One branch of my father's Keidaner family, the Krosts, may have roots in the Netherlands. I was also told that his cousins, the Friedlanders, had a tradition that they had migrated east from Belgium to escape the massacre of Jews during the Crusades.

      Joanne Betten Kaplan
      Family names BETTEN, SMIT, KROST, PEMSTEIN