71st Keidaner yortzayt in Israel

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2012
       From Arye Shcherbakov:

      Shalom to our Kedainer friends,
      A year has passed and we're again approaching the date which will be engraved forever in our memories – August 28-th, 1941, the day when 71 years ago our dear families were brutally massacred in Keidan. Again we feel the burden of these last weeks of their lives – full of horror, suffering, tortures, humiliation and finally – murder.
      This year we've decided to return to the memorial, the one which was erected by the survivors – those who had succeeded to reach Eretz Israel before the great disaster and those who survived almost by chance – miraculously escaping the killing fields – all remnants of the families who had remained in the common grave of Kedainer Jews.
      As most of you know, the memorial is to be found at the old cemetery of Holon. We'll meet, as usual, on Tuesday, August 28-th, 2012, at 17:30, by the benches - about 100 meters beyond the main entrance to the cemetery. At 18:00 we'll start walking towards the memorial.
      At the end of August the day ends early, at about 19:30, thus it's impossible to set for the later hour (the territory is not lighted). On the other hand, it is still very warm and humid, and to set for the earlier hour would be unnecessarily demanding. It's not easy to stay outdoors at this time of the day, so whoever comes, will strengthen all of us.
      As in previous years, we ask to deliver this message to everybody who feels himself a part of our community and might be interested to participate in this memorial meeting.

      With best regards,
      Arie (Lionya) Shcherbakov
      Secretary of the Association of Kedainers in Israel
      0527-909-743
      ashcherbakov@...