Call for photos or documents

  • Olga
    Message 1 of 9 , May 29 1:51 PM
      Dear Keidan Group,

      I am making a call again for photos or documents for the Kedainiai Regional Museum's educational exposition which opens in mid-June. It will be a permanent exhibit with a goal to educating the youth about Keidan's Jewish past. If you have any photos of relatives who had lived in Keidan or general photos or documents from Keidan, it will be much appreciated if you would scan them in and send them to the director of the Museum. He is Rimantas Zirgulis and his email address is:

      muziejus at kedainiai.omnitel.net

      Thanks in advance if you can help out.
    • Barbera Levin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012

        Hi Olga,

        I do have photos and need to do the necessaries but how urgent is it? I’ve just not had time but need to settle down and collate them etc. soon.

        Hope you’re well,

        Take care,

        Regards

        Barbara

        muziejus at kedainiai.omnitel.net

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 13, 2012
          Hi Barbara,

          You have as much time as you need. Originally the opening of the exposition was scheduled for mid-June, but it has now been delayed until September. But even that aside, Rimantas (Kedainiai Regional Museum) will be collecting and accepting photos with no deadline. The project is being set up with the goal of educating the youth of Lithuania. I presume this is a permanent exhibition.

          Thanks for your offer, and don't feel pressured.

          Be well.

          Olga

        • sharonsilber@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 13, 2012
            Olga, I have a picture of my father in some kind of Jewish scout troop in Keidan (probably from late 1920s) and a picture of my father with his mother and the sewing school she had in Keidan in the 1920s and 1930s (which I believe was recovered for him from one of his mother's non-Jewish students who saved it for him and gave it to Gute, Moshe Kagan's cousin, who attended medical school with my dad and also grew up in Keidan, and went back to visit Keidan after the war). I will get them from my mom and scan them. Sharon Silber

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 13, 2012

              Thanks Olga,

              For some reason, the email address to send the pictures doesn’t really work and they didn’t go through. Please do me a favour and send his email address again to me. Don’t know if others have had the same problem.

              Take care,

              Regards

              Barbara

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 14, 2012
                Sharon,
                That sounds just like the kind of photos Rimantas would value greatly because they provide a glimpse into the Jewish history and life of Keidan in the 1920s-1930s.

                Please provide brief captions with the photos when you send them to Rimantas.

                Many, many thanks!
                Olga

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 14, 2012
                  Dear Barbara,

                  I will send the email address to you privately. Perhaps the problem is that I write "at" instead of @ so that the address will not become a spam target.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 18, 2012

                    Thanks Olga, apologies about my printing…. Don’t know what happened every time I pressed “nt” new PC .

                    Regards

                    Barbara