Commemorarting Keidan victims

  • Tamar Dothan
    Message 1 of 7 , May 11 5:35 AM

      Hello,

      The Yad Vashem database has Pages of Testimony for  about 1000 Jews who were killed in Keidan in 1941. The community was a lot larger and many more were murdered.  In many families no one survived. Many people born in Keidan who filled pages of testimonies, did it  for their immediate families only.  Very often they did not commemorate aunts, uncles and cousins.

      If we don't commemorate them their names would be lost.  I urge you to go through your family trees and fill  pages of testimony for distant relatives who you believe were murdered. You may be the only one knowing about them. While you do that, please send the data to Olga Zabludoff or  to me [it may take months for the Yad Vashem database to update, and we would not want to miss the names you submit].

      Thank you,

      Tamar Dothan

      Jerusalem