Chaim Ronder letters

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2011
      Friends,

      I was in Israel last month and met with two of our distinguished Keidaner landlsleit, Arye Shcherbakov and Sara Yakubovsky. We had a wonderful evening together, discussing Keidan and its legacy as well as many other subjects. At the end, Sara gave me copies of some letters originally written by her uncle, Chaim Ronder, who was among the handful of survivors of the Aug. 28, 1941 massacre that destroyed the Jewish commuinty. I have scanned and posted the letters on this site for all to see. And if anyone wants to take a stab at translating the Yiddish, that would be a wonderful addition to our collection of important Keidan literature and history. Images of the letters are in the photo section of this site, which you should be able to see here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishKeidan/photos/album/1113155030/pic/list

      Thanks, and a happy Chanukah to all.