Re: [JewishKeidan] More Keidan yortzayt commemorations

  • A Cassel
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2011

      I know of no plans there, but if anyone else does I would be pleased to share the information. It also may not be too late to organize something, if someone in SA wants to take the initiative.

      On Aug 14, 2011, at 11:51 PM, "Elaine and Lance Soller" <soller@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      Is there anything in South Africa for this?

      Lance Soller

    • Tamar Dothan
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 15, 2011

        Hello,

        Like  you wrote, the planned ceremonies in Keidan  are surprising.

        Would it be possible to know what  are they planning to write on the memorial plaque in regards to what happened on  Aug. 28 1941?

        Thanks,

        Tamar Dothan

        Jerusalem

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 15, 2011
          On Tisha B'Av many recite two Kinos dedicated to the Holocaust.
          For those who are unable to attend a commemoration, it might be
          meaningful to take a few minutes on August 28th to read these.
          Below is a link to a Hebrew/English version with commentary from
          the Tisha B'Av Siddur.

          http://artscroll.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/kinnah-bobov-rschwab.pdf

          Shalom Shalom,
          Yehudah ben Shlomo