Re: 70th Yortzayt for Keidan - NYC, Aug. 28

  • shacknofskysonja
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 10 8:27 PM
      Hi Barbera, I am originally from South Africa, my father from Keidan. I distinctly remember him speaking of a Chaim Linda but I am sure that he lived in South Africa

      --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, Sara <sarayaku@...> wrote:

      > Shalom to Barbara Levin,
      > I wonder if you know that a Mr.Chayim Linda was living in Raanana in Israel
      > He was a friend of my mother-Mina Ronder.He had 3or 4 daughters and I am trying to find them since we too-Keidaner decedents in Israel- are going to have a commemoration ceremony on Aug 28 in Tel Aviv.
      > Among my photos from my visits in Keidan found a tombstone of Baruch Linda the son of Israel who died on Feb.15 ,1932
      > I am attuching the photo and hope it will be interesting for you.
      > Best regards
      > Sara Yakubovski

    • shacknofskysonja
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 13 10:13 AM
        Hi,
        My father came from Keidan and had a friend Chaim Linda who was from Keidan and lived  in South Africa.

        --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, Sara <sarayaku@...> wrote:

        > Shalom to Barbara Levin,
        > I wonder if you know that a Mr.Chayim Linda was living in Raanana in Israel
        > He was a friend of my mother-Mina Ronder.He had 3or 4 daughters and I am trying to find them since we too-Keidaner decedents in Israel- are going to have a commemoration ceremony on Aug 28 in Tel Aviv.
        > Among my photos from my visits in Keidan found a tombstone of Baruch Linda the son of Israel who died on Feb.15 ,1932
        > I am attuching the photo and hope it will be interesting for you.
        > Best regards
        > Sara Yakubovski

      • Harriet Sugar Miller
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 28, 2011
          He's my great great grandfather and lived in or near Keidan (maybe in Seta), died around 1904, we think is buried in the Keidan cemetery. Anybody recognize the name?
          Harriet Sugar Miller, Montreal