FW: August 28-th - commemoration

  • A Cassel
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 27 KB
    Hebrew version attached

    Shalom to our Keidaner Friends,

    Each year we commemorate our families, murdered in Keidan on August 28, 1941. Usually we meet at the old cemetery of Holon, by the memorial dedicated to the victims of Keidan.

    This year, on the 70-th anniversary of the murder, we’ve decided to hold the commemoration meeting at the hall of the Association of Lithuanian Jews in Israel, 1 David Hamelech str., Tel Aviv, generously offered to us by its management. The meeting will take place on Sunday, August 28, 2011 at 18:00. Anybody having memories or records to share is welcome to take part in the discussion.

    We’re glad that our fellow Keidaners in the US are holding a parallel meeting at the same day (see the announcement by Mr. A. Cassel at this site).

    Unfortunately, the majority of the first generation of survivors and founders of our association are not with us any more and we have no addresses and/or phone numbers of the second or third generations. Therefore we welcome each recipient of this announcement to pass this information to people who may be interested to join us and feel a part of the community.

    With best regards,

    Arie Shcherbakov

    secretary of the Association of Kedainers in Israel

    Thank you in advance.
    Sincerely yours,
    Arie (Lionya).