Keidan ancestors

  • MaxineB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2011

      I have not written to the group because until now I was not actually sure my family did have

      Keidan  members.  I just learned that my grandmother had brothers born in Keidan so I

      realize I do belong.

      I know very little about the Leyb Zaltsberg/ Rokel Judas? Zaltsberg family other than that

      they had 8 children (from the Lithuania Census material online) and 3 came to the US. 2

      stayed in New York (Bklyn and Bx) and 1 went to Chicago.  Those I knew were born in

      the late 1870s :

      1.My grandmothers brother Louis Saltsberg who married and had 5 children

      in Chicago Illinhois.

      2. The younger brother, Max Saltsberg who married Ceilia Waldenberg (a cousin) in Brooklyn

      and had 3 children.

      3. My grandmother Jennie Saltsberg (Shayna Chia) who married Davis Zaretsky in Bklyn and

      later moved to Bronx where she brought up her 3 children.

      If any of this sounds like you have further information please do contact me at

      micki.potchinsky@...

      Thank you so very much.

      Maxine Potchinsky