Re: [JewishKeidan] 70th Yortzayt for Keidan - NYC, Aug. 28

  • Beverly
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 20, 2011
      Good idea! Can someone teleconference?   I'm disabled.

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 23, 2011
        I doubt we will be able to set up a live teleconference link given time and resources, but we can certainly try to record the procedings in some fashion, and make that available afterwards. Thanks for your interest.

        If anyone else has questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Again, we're planning to meet at 2pm on Sunday, Aug. 28 at the Museum of Jewish Heritage, 36 Battery Place in Manhattan. Looking forward to seeing as many Keidaner friends as possible that day. Thanks again.

        Andy

        JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, Beverly <briggs36427@...> wrote:

        > Good idea! Can someone teleconference?   I'm disabled.

      • Sharon
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 23, 2011
          I plan to attend ,if our family is in town, with my son and possibly my husband too. My father was Joseph Silber who came to the US after the war, his mother was Rosa Shterenfeld, Mother's sisters Chana Shternfeld Rabinowitz and Mere Shterenfeld Finkelstein. We are also related to the Lurie family.

          I doubt we will be able to set up a live teleconference link given time and resources, but we can certainly try to record the procedings in some fashion, and make that available afterwards. Thanks for your interest.

          If anyone else has questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Again, we're planning to meet at 2pm on Sunday, Aug. 28 at the Museum of Jewish Heritage, 36 Battery Place in Manhattan. Looking forward to seeing as many Keidaner friends as possible that day. Thanks again.

          Andy

          JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, Beverly <briggs36427@...> wrote:

          > Good idea! Can someone teleconference?   I'm disabled.

        • Sara
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 10, 2011
          • 1 Attachment
          • 357 KB
          Shalom to Barbara Levin,
          I wonder if you know that a Mr.Chayim Linda was living in Raanana in Israel
          He was a friend of my mother-Mina Ronder.He had 3or 4 daughters and I am trying to find them since we too-Keidaner decedents in Israel- are  going to have a commemoration ceremony on Aug 28 in Tel Aviv.
          Among my photos from my visits in Keidan found a tombstone of Baruch Linda the son of Israel who died on Feb.15 ,1932
          I am attuching the photo and hope it will be interesting for you.
          Best regards
          Sara Yakubovski

          Message 5 of 18 , Aug 10, 2011
            Hi Barbera, I am originally from South Africa, my father from Keidan. I distinctly remember him speaking of a Chaim Linda but I am sure that he lived in South Africa

            --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, Sara <sarayaku@...> wrote:

            > Shalom to Barbara Levin,
            > I wonder if you know that a Mr.Chayim Linda was living in Raanana in Israel
            > He was a friend of my mother-Mina Ronder.He had 3or 4 daughters and I am trying to find them since we too-Keidaner decedents in Israel- are going to have a commemoration ceremony on Aug 28 in Tel Aviv.
            > Among my photos from my visits in Keidan found a tombstone of Baruch Linda the son of Israel who died on Feb.15 ,1932
            > I am attuching the photo and hope it will be interesting for you.
            > Best regards
            > Sara Yakubovski

          • shacknofskysonja
            Message 6 of 18 , Aug 13, 2011
              Hi,
              My father came from Keidan and had a friend Chaim Linda who was from Keidan and lived  in South Africa.

              --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, Sara <sarayaku@...> wrote:

              > Shalom to Barbara Levin,
              > I wonder if you know that a Mr.Chayim Linda was living in Raanana in Israel
              > He was a friend of my mother-Mina Ronder.He had 3or 4 daughters and I am trying to find them since we too-Keidaner decedents in Israel- are going to have a commemoration ceremony on Aug 28 in Tel Aviv.
              > Among my photos from my visits in Keidan found a tombstone of Baruch Linda the son of Israel who died on Feb.15 ,1932
              > I am attuching the photo and hope it will be interesting for you.
              > Best regards
              > Sara Yakubovski

            • Harriet Sugar Miller
              Message 7 of 18 , Oct 28, 2011
                He's my great great grandfather and lived in or near Keidan (maybe in Seta), died around 1904, we think is buried in the Keidan cemetery. Anybody recognize the name?
                Harriet Sugar Miller, Montreal