To keidaners

  • Max Munk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2011

      Hi, all of you Keidaners,

      I am doing some research on Avrohom Eliyahu Kaplan, born in Keidan.

      Can anyone support the following story told to me by Elazar Schondof, who passed away 3 years ago.

      Rabbi Kaplan, while the head of the Hildesheimer Rabbinical Seminar in Berlin, started a major project to write a commentary on the Talmud which he called "better than Rashi". However, he passed away suddenly in May 1924 when he was only 34 on the week when his project was announced by the Jeschurun periodical in Berlin. During that year each of the 10 students whom he asked to join him on this project also died. People in Berlin commented then "Hakpodas Rashi".

      Can anyone of your support or comment on the above?

      Eager to know.

      Thank you

      Max Munk