Re: [JewishKeidan] Re: Keidan DNA connection?

  • Howard Wolinsky
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 15, 2011
      @Harvey.
      After 10 years of testing, I was surprisd to finally get a 67-marker match. We may never know from a paper trail how we're related, but it is clear from the DNA that we shared a common grandfather within 10 generations or so.
      My goal in genetic testing wasn't to find close cousins but to find out what I could about our "migration" pattern. So fining this close match is a bonus.
      Howard

      On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 2:43 AM, Harvey Kaplan <rvlkaplan@...> wrote:

      I'll check - find it difficult to get my head round this! I was tested a few years ago via FamilyTree DNA, but haven't had any leads at all out of it.

      Harvey

      On 15 February 2011 00:34, Josh Weinstein <jgw111@...> wrote:

      Thanks Harvey,   Any idea about the subclade of J2.  For those who have not been tested. J2 is a very common Jewish genetic line.(J does not stand for Jewish)

      ---

    • Josh Weinstein
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 15, 2011
        J1 is also a very common Jewish line. With G2, J1 and J2 Keidan appears to be quite diverse genetically speaking. There is also a test for female ( mitochondrial) lines. My mother from Wilkomir had a match with a member of the Naviasky family, who had a branch in Keidan.
      • Harvey Kaplan

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 15, 2011
            J-M172 defines J2.. You probably are J2a but J2b cannot be eliminated what more information.