Relkin Family

  • relkinclan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2011
      My grandfather, Hirsch (Girsh) Relkin was born in Keidanaiai in the mid 1800's. His wife was Sarah Rubenshteyn, the daughter of Ber Rubenshteyn. His father was David Relkin. I'm having a very rough time finding any record of them in Keidan, however. No birth or marriage records for either of them.

      I found out about their roots in Keidan from the birth records of Hirsch's children who were born in Kovno (Kaunas). The records say "Family from Kedainaiai". I did search various databases on JewishGen to no avail.

      I did contact Rimintas Zirgulis, who is the head of the museum in Keidan. But he couldn't be of any help.

      If there are other Relkins out there or if anyone has suggestions on where to turn for help in researching our family's roots in Keidan I would be very greatful.