Re: Keidaner Association

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
      Harvey,

      Congratulations. I know you'll have a wonderful time. Be sure to look
      in on the restored synagogue and bes-midrash buildings in Keidan, and
      if you have the chance, look up Rimantas Zirgulas, who runs the
      Kedainiai regional museum. Will you be working with a guide? If so, you
      should contact Reginia Kopilevich in Vilnius; I can provide an email
      and phone if you need one. Take good notes and lots of photos, and
      report back when you return. Safe journey!

      Andy
    • lynn lubamersky
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
        Hi Harvey,
        You might already know this, but when I go to
        Lithuania I look at the "In Your Pocket" guide website
        and buy a copy of the guide at the newstand when I get
        there. Here is the site for Kaunas:

        http://www.inyourpocket.com/lithuania/kaunas/en/

        When we were in Kedainiai the year before last, we
        stayed in Kaunas at the really great guesthouse
        recommended by the "Kaunas in your pocket" guide. We
        rented a car and drove all over Lithuania. Unlike our
        first trip to Lithuania in 1996, the roads are now
        full of Scandinavian tourists driving down the via
        Baltica, filling up at the 24-hour gas station. You
        could be in the U.K. or anywhere in Europe.
        Travelling in Lithuania is not the difficult
        experience it once was. Have a good trip!
        -Lynn Lubamersky