Re: [JewishKeidan] Memorial Sun. Oct 31 NYC

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2010
      Sorry for the late posting. There is a memorial service for Lithuanian Jews who perished in the Holocaust this Sunday October 31 at noon at the Fifth Avenue Synogogue. This is its 65th year of remembrance. I have never been, my mother had gone with my father on occasion so now that my father died several years ago (at the age of 94) I will attend with my mom. The sevice is not specific to Keidan of course but I will be carrying a small sign that says Keidan (perhaps with the family names of my relatives Shternfeld, Zilberas, Lurie among others). Just wanted to let people who might be in NYC to know about this. It is sponsored by a group called Assistance to Lithuanian Jewery (I believe that is the name, my mom has the invitation.)  Sharon Silber