Israel Aug 29 commemoration

  • A Cassel
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2010
    I apologize for the delay in posting this. On Aug. 29, a commemoration of the mass murder in Keidan was held near Tel Aviv. The following account was sent by Aryeh Shcherbakov. Photos are uploaded separately:

    Dear Andrew,

    Attached you'll find photographs taken during our last commemoration meeting.

    The memorial is dedicated to the victims of Keidan and of a few villages in its neighbourhood - Airiogola, Dotnuva, Kroki and Shat.

    As I've written you, we're already quite a small group of those who generally come in the recent years - though I’ve expected at least 7 more Keidaners this time.

    The participants this year (counting from the left to right) included:

    Leon and Jenny Rubin (Jenny is of the Chesler family)
    Nissan Krost
    David Gladshtein
    Avraham Upnitsky
    Esther and Moshe Ginzburg
    Arie (Lionya) Shcherbakov (of the Kagan family)
    Simona Klein (of the Upnitsky family)
    Tamar Dothan (of the Israelov family)

    Warmest regards and Shana Tova to you and all your family,

    Yours, Arie.

    Andrew Cassel
    8310 Tulpehocken Ave
    Elkins Park, PA 19027
    484-883-5448
    acassel@...

  • Barbera Levin
    Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010

      Dear Andrew,

      Thank you so much. Couldn’t attend but lit  Yahrzeit candle and thought of you all. My paternal family other than my father (surname Linde/Lindait) were among all slaughtered in Keidan

      Regards,

      Barbara Levin (London)

      Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2010
        Sorry for the late posting. There is a memorial service for Lithuanian Jews who perished in the Holocaust this Sunday October 31 at noon at the Fifth Avenue Synogogue. This is its 65th year of remembrance. I have never been, my mother had gone with my father on occasion so now that my father died several years ago (at the age of 94) I will attend with my mom. The sevice is not specific to Keidan of course but I will be carrying a small sign that says Keidan (perhaps with the family names of my relatives Shternfeld, Zilberas, Lurie among others). Just wanted to let people who might be in NYC to know about this. It is sponsored by a group called Assistance to Lithuanian Jewery (I believe that is the name, my mom has the invitation.)  Sharon Silber