[JewishKeidan] Fw: Yad Vashem

  • Beverly
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
      A memorial sent to me by my Aunt . . .

      --- On Sun, 10/10/10, Susanne Malof <smalof@...> wrote:

      From: Susanne Malof <smalof@...>
      Subject: Yad Vashem
      To: "Sunni Krull" <sunkrull@...>, "Stephen Caplin" <sbcaplin@...>, "Sid Miller" <sidney.miller@...>, "Scott Malof" <smalof@...>, "Ronald Zigler" <rlz2@...>, "Rachel Malof" <rachmay88@...>, "Julie Snyder" <julielsny@...>, "Judy Lass" <jarde500@...>, "Joyce Siegel" <siegelj@...>, "Jordan Malof" <jmmalo03@...>, "John&Sharon Baron" <nancykg1@...>, "Herb Zigler" <hezigler@...>, "Fred Zigler" <fdzigler@...>, "Elaine Atlas" <Atlastrains@...>, "David Malof" <dmalof@...>, "Beverly Miller" <briggs36427@...>, "Babs Miller" <BabsMilleroh@...>, "Anita Hertzman" <dddoc@...>
      Date: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 6:55 AM

      Dear Family -- A friend sent me this and I thought you might want to see it.  Love, Susanne.
      The Only Surviving Album of Auschwitz

      This is the story of a Hungarian Jewish woman who survived Auschwitz and found a coat belonging to a guard which she took to shield her from the cold immediately after her liberation.

      In the pocket of this coat she found a photo album.  It contained pictures of what went on in this extermination camp.

      Imagine her reaction when she saw a picture of herself coming off of the train as well pictures of her family who were already murdered.

      This album at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem was donated by this woman in 1980 and will forever be displayed there.

      When you have 5 minutes of peace and quiet in front of your computer, watch it and consider passing it around to people that you know so they can share it and know about it.

      It is truly moving and important.

      See link under.

      http://www1.yadvashem.org/exhibitions/album_Auschwitz/mutimedia/index.HTML

    • Doug Kadan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
        Thank you for sharing this.
        It is with great pride and triumph that my son Jacob will be celebrating his Bar Mitzvah Nov 13 2010
        Mindful , loving, respectful , principled and a devoted Jewish child he is ...and an honor to what has been taken.

        My hope is he can return to us the humanity we lost generations ago and forge a new age committed to tolerance and peace.

        Best,
        Doug Kadan

      • Barbera Levin
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 18, 2010

          We Wish you Doug and your wonderful son Jacob a hearty Mazeltov on the great occasion of his Bar Mitzvah. May all that he embraces remain with him in his future.

          Sincerely,

          Barbara and Roy Levin London UK

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2010
            Thank you
            His mother is sweating the details like she does while he is calmly doing his homework
            all is good and right...

            Doug Kadan

            www.kadanphotogroup.com

            919.208.0725