Re: [JewishKeidan] New file uploaded to JewishKeidan

  • Howard Wolinsky
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
      The program was posted on YouTube--unofficially.
      Wolinsky
      AKA Howard

      On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Yahoomail <llubame@...> wrote:

      Thanks, Andy, for posting this really interesting article!  When Wolinsky receives this "Coast" program from the BBC, maybe we could lobby to have it shown on public television here.  It sounds really fascinating.  Thanks again!  -Lynn Lubamersky

    • Yahoomail
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 26, 2011
        Hello List Members,
        I just wanted to let you know that there are interesting photos of Kedainiai, including Jewish life in the city, posted on Facebook in a site dedicated to LIthuanian photography in the World War II era, especially 1945. It is called  Lietuva senose fotografijose,  and this means "Lithuania in old photographs."  Facebook will do a translation for you from Lithuanian into English so that you may read the captions.  You may find the photos here:

        -Lynn Lubamersky

      • Janet C. Mandel
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 27, 2011
          Thank you for this link. I really enjoyed looking at the photos. The captions were not translated, but the pictures were enjoyable none-the-less.

          JCM

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2011
            Yes, I enjoyed the photos too.

            I heard a  story on NPR the other day about how the Lithuanian Jews were rounded up in Lithuania. It was hard to listen to. No concentration camps - just rounded up as they watched their friends, neighbors and relatives shot and pushed into pits that they had to dig themselves beforehand. Sorry, just couldn't suffer by myself.

            How was your snowday? I'm reading the book about Picasso about Arianna Huffington. Learning a lot.

            I liked what Obama said about teachers.

            Margie

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 11, 2012
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the JewishKeidan
              group.

              File : /Keidan Exposition.docx
              Uploaded by : awcassel <awcassel@...>
              Description : Must read: Tamar Dothan and Olga Zabludoff on the opening of an exposition on the Keidan's Jewish Community at the Kedainiai Regional Museum - Sept-Oct. 2012

              You can access this file at the URL:

              Regards,

              awcassel <awcassel@...>