New file uploaded to JewishKeidan

  • JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2010
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the JewishKeidan
      group.

      File : /Wolinsky Avoteynu Winter 09.pdf
      Uploaded by : awcassel <acassel@...>
      Description : Wolinsky immigration article

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      awcassel <acassel@...>
    • Yahoomail
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
        Thanks, Andy, for posting this really interesting article!  When Wolinsky receives this "Coast" program from the BBC, maybe we could lobby to have it shown on public television here.  It sounds really fascinating.  Thanks again!  -Lynn Lubamersky
      • Howard Wolinsky
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
          The program was posted on YouTube--unofficially.
          Wolinsky
          AKA Howard

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 26, 2011
            Hello List Members,
            I just wanted to let you know that there are interesting photos of Kedainiai, including Jewish life in the city, posted on Facebook in a site dedicated to LIthuanian photography in the World War II era, especially 1945. It is called  Lietuva senose fotografijose,  and this means "Lithuania in old photographs."  Facebook will do a translation for you from Lithuanian into English so that you may read the captions.  You may find the photos here:

            -Lynn Lubamersky

          • Janet C. Mandel
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27, 2011
              Thank you for this link. I really enjoyed looking at the photos. The captions were not translated, but the pictures were enjoyable none-the-less.

              JCM

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 27, 2011
                Yes, I enjoyed the photos too.

                I heard a  story on NPR the other day about how the Lithuanian Jews were rounded up in Lithuania. It was hard to listen to. No concentration camps - just rounded up as they watched their friends, neighbors and relatives shot and pushed into pits that they had to dig themselves beforehand. Sorry, just couldn't suffer by myself.

                How was your snowday? I'm reading the book about Picasso about Arianna Huffington. Learning a lot.

                I liked what Obama said about teachers.

                Margie

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 11, 2012
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the JewishKeidan
                  group.

                  File : /Keidan Exposition.docx
                  Uploaded by : awcassel <awcassel@...>
                  Description : Must read: Tamar Dothan and Olga Zabludoff on the opening of an exposition on the Keidan's Jewish Community at the Kedainiai Regional Museum - Sept-Oct. 2012

                  awcassel <awcassel@...>