Re: new member - a Zell/Lipnick member

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2010
      Hello Sharon and Group,

      While normally I don't like to solicit on this site, I just want to tell Sharon and remind the group of the existence of the Keidan Vital Records Translation project. It is a LitvakSIG (Special Interest Group) project, and I am the coordinator. We have translated more than 22,000 vital records--births, marriages & divorces, and deaths--from Keidan, Dotnuva, Josvainiai and many other shtetlach in the Keidan area. These are both 19th and 20th century records. Indeed LIPNIK and ZELL are well represented in my database, as well as SIRK (for Alan Shirk).

      When one joins the Keidan Vital Records Translation project, he/she is sent all of the records in beautifully organized Excel spreadsheets from which it is easy to create family trees. IMPORTANT: all of the data is on your own computer; no searches are necessary to extract records piecemeal. Membership in the Keidan VRT project requires a $100 donation to LitvakSIG. The wealth of information received is worth far more than the cost of membership.

      If you are interested in learning more or in joining the group, please contact me: ozabludoff at verizon.net

      Olga Zabludoff
      Washington, DC