RE: [JewishKeidan] Tablet article on Jewish research in Lithuania

  • Sally Mizroch
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2009

      Hi fellow Keidaners,

      Not only is Regina Kopilevich still researching our Litvak past and guiding fellow travelers searching for our family and cultural history, she was the keynote speaker at the LitvaKSIG luncheon this past Wednesday at the IAJGS conference in Philadelphia.  She also gave a very intense and moving presentation on Jewish cemetery restoration in Lithuania.  I am proud to say that she also included some of the photos I took at the Keidan cemetery during my visit there in August 2006 (see them on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/smizroch/sets/72157594267395284/).

      Regina’s e-mail address is: miregina@...

      Best regards,

      Sally Mizroch

      LitvakSIG secretary

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2009
        I'm really sorry I missed Regina's talk here. Do you know if the IAJGS recorded any of it?

        ac

        Not only is Regina Kopilevich still researching our Litvak past and guiding fellow travelers searching for our family and cultural history, she was the keynote speaker at the LitvaKSIG luncheon this past Wednesday at the IAJGS conference in Philadelphia.  She also gave a very intense and moving presentation on Jewish cemetery restoration in Lithuania.  I am proud to say that she also included some of the photos I took at the Keidan cemetery during my visit there in August 2006 (see them on Flickr at http://www.flickr. com/photos/ smizroch/ sets/72157594267 395284/).

        Regina’s e-mail address is: miregina@delfi. lt

        Best regards,

        Sally Mizroch

        LitvakSIG secretary

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2009

          Hi Andy,

          I’m not sure if it was recorded or not.  Check with the organizers.  They have the big list.

          I’m sorry I missed you at the meeting.  We should have planned to meet up.

          Best regards,

          Sally

          I'm really sorry I missed Regina's talk here. Do you know if the IAJGS recorded any of it?

          ac

          If you've been over to search for roots in Lithuania, this will all sound quite familiar. Nice to read that Regina K. is still in the business...

          http://www.tabletmag.com/life-and-religion/12420/grave-missteps/

        • Oscar Friedman
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 10, 2009

            I think you will find it in : http://www.philly2009.org/conference_recordings.cfm