Re: [JewishKeidan] Re: Proposed Keidan Memorial Plaque

  • Charles KADIN
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 18, 2009
      I am not Lithuanian born. My last name clearly suggests
      where my forefathers came from before they ended up in
      the USA and Canada where I live.

      I follow all your interactions with great interest.
      I was brought up to be proud of our Litvack past...
      which I most certainly am.

      Given the points made by the Cambers,
      may I weigh in on the discussion.

      It seems to me that the first course of action is to contact
      the Lithuanian Embassy and ask for protocol directions.
      This action in itself will be respected.

      From them you will find out...
      -  what standards have to be met relative to size,
         material and languages.
      -  whether it may be created in North America or
         must be made in Lithuania.

      Please be warned, they generally have small
      Embassies and smaller Consulates. You may run
      into [confusion and disinterest...but I believe it is
      better to ask for their direction.

      Charles Kadin
      ---
    • davinajackie Shmueli
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 22, 2009
        Hi Sally
        Thanks for the information. I think it would be very beneficial and helpful if you contacted these people as you have met them personally. There is nothing like personal contact.  Perhaps you could ifnd out who would be the person to contact in the municipality regarding the idea of erecting and maintaining a plaque/memorial in the central sqare in Kedain and ask your contacts how to do it and would it be welcomed by the local authorities?
        Regards
        Jackie