Re: [JewishKeidan] Re: Proposed Keidan Memorial Plaque

  • Harvey Kaplan
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 15, 2009
      I don't think this is 'off subject', as if we are concerned about our ancestors and where they lived, we are presumably concerned also about preseving that memory.

      I can't remember if the Kedainiai killing site is marked, but I thought that most of these Lithuanian killing sites were now marked by good quality multilingual markers. Such was my experience in Lithuania in 2005. Anyone been there more recently?

      Harvey Kaplan

      Glasgow, Scotland

    • davinajackie Shmueli
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 22, 2009
        Hi Sally
        Thanks for the information. I think it would be very beneficial and helpful if you contacted these people as you have met them personally. There is nothing like personal contact.  Perhaps you could ifnd out who would be the person to contact in the municipality regarding the idea of erecting and maintaining a plaque/memorial in the central sqare in Kedain and ask your contacts how to do it and would it be welcomed by the local authorities?
        Regards
        Jackie