Re: [JewishKeidan] Re: keidan archives

  • Tamar Dothan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2009
      Hello to all of you,

      Reading the name of Meyer Yitzchak Edelman, it occured to me to ask if anyone of you knows  about his family . From the inscriptions on their gravestones it seems two of his children died before him [died in 1937] and his wife [died in 1951], and I assume they were not married. One son, Aharon Edelman, died in 1953, and it seems he was married.

      Aharon was a cousin of my grandfather, and I have been unable to locate his descendents.

      Thanks,
      Tamar Dothan
      Jerusalem, Israel
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 3, 2009
        L'Tamar shalom Rav,

        I saw your e-mail  and remembered our meeting in Jerusalem. I intend to be in Jerusalem again at the end of this month and will give you a call. Would love to get together again. I hope all is well with you.

        Regards,

        Moshe Kagan

      • MEKagan@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2009
          Dear Andy,

          Just saw your e-mail. You know Victor Kane was my first cousin.  Unfortunately he passed way some time ago. His wife is still alive and she lives in California. In fact, i am in touch with the family from time to time.

          It is very easy to get in touch with Hal Linden. He is the spokesman for the Jewish National Fund and they will connect you to him.

          It's time to get together again. Do you still go to CT?

          Good to see you still interested in Keidan.

          All the best.

          Moshe Kagan

        • Gus Levy
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 9, 2009

            Next time I visit the section in Mt. Hebron I will check a few things out. This will be in the Spring. My Cousin, Seymour Rabinowitz was in charge prior to 1960 until his death. I am positive he was in charge, because he approved the sale of 4 graves to my Uncle Samuel. Sam, Jack, Blanche and Ben are buried there. Blanche and Ben were my parents. Blanche was a Kaidanite. Her father Abraham Meryash was a big wheel in the Association, in by-gone years

            .’

            Gerson