Please help with information on the Bay family!

  • baybaikal2005
    Message 1 of 8 , May 12, 2008
      Dear members!

      I am a 2nd generation Bay, born in South Africa. My Grandfather came from Lithuania in
      1902 with a cousin to South Africa. Recently we found out that their family used to live in
      Keidan. on his naturalization papers he wrote his father's name as Marcus and his mother
      Rosa and the town Konstantinovka. This is strange for us as we can't find such a place in
      Lithuania. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

      Andre
    • Metro Mortgage Service Idoloan13
      Message 2 of 8 , May 12, 2008
        hi, my grandparents are keidan lithuania.  My cousins are in linksfield south africa in johannesburg.  They are the Krost family  I am the crost family in the usa.  I would not be surprised if somehow we are related, and I had a cousin Rosa in cuba.  I am based outside chicago, and it was actually my mom who was a crost.  There were actually 9 or 12 crost siblings that settled in brazil, south africa, cuba and chicago.

        EDIE JEROME
        METRO MORTGAGE SERVICES INC.
        847 853 7150  847 853 7154 fax
        600 GREEN BAY RD.
        KENILWORTH,  IL 60043

        REVERSE MORTGAGES
        HOME EQUITY LINES OF CREDIT
        RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGES

        Message 3 of 8 , May 12, 2008
          Dear Edie,

          I've seen the Krost family name in the Keidan lists.

          My Kaplan ancestors lived in central Lithuania from at least 1780 and, as far as I've researched so far, in Keidan from about 1860.

          From my research, there seems to be ties to the Gurvich family; and in Zasliai with the Magid family.

          However, without more specific information, I can't make a connection.

          Edward Just

          Message 4 of 8 , May 13, 2008
            Dear Andre,

            Could it be Constantinople?

            David Alexander
            Puycelsi
            France

            Dear members!

            I am a 2nd generation Bay, born in South Africa. My Grandfather came
            from
            Lithuania in
            1902 with a cousin to South Africa. Recently we found out that their
            family
            used to live in
            Keidan. on his naturalization papers he wrote his father's name as
            Marcus and
            his mother
            Rosa and the town Konstantinovka. This is strange for us as we can't
            find such
            a place in
            Lithuania. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

            Andre

            AOL's new homepage has launched. Take a tour at
            http://info.aol.co.uk/homepage/ now.
          • Steinsteve@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 13, 2008
              Try:

              Konstantinava, 56°03' 25°21' . In the northeast, near the Latvian border.

              It is near

              Message 6 of 8 , May 13, 2008
                Thank you for the overwhelming response. I have much to info to work with now! Really
                appreciate your kind emails!

                Andre
              • Charles KADIN
                Message 7 of 8 , May 13, 2008
                  Konstantinava Is my best guess.
                  90 Km due east of Vilinius.

                  Charles Kadin

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 13, 2008
                    Two Lithuanian towns--Kvedarna in the Raseiniai district and Vaskai
                    in the Panevezys district--were both named Konstantinova in 1902 when
                    Andre's grandfather emigrated from the Russian Empire to South Africa.

                    Olga Zabludoff

                    --- In JewishKeidan@yahoogroups.com, Charles KADIN <tkck@...> wrote:

                    > Konstantinava Is my best guess.
                    > 90 Km due east of Vilinius.
                    >
                    > Charles Kadin
                    >
                    > Steinsteve@... wrote:
                    > Try:
                    >

                    > Konstantinava, 56°03' 25°21' . In the northeast, near the Latvian
                    border.

                    > It is near

                    Site.