visit to keidan

  • Morris Mirels
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2005
      I am planning a visit to Russia, and would like to include Keidan, as my mother was born there, her maiden name was Markunsky, and they left there  about 1920, I need to know if it would be worthwhile, is there anything left to see,and if so what, and who to contact.
      Thanking you in advance.
      Morris,
    • A. Cassel
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2005
        Morris,

        There is plenty to see in Keidan, and I believe you would find a visit there extremely worthwhile. Although it's been 10 years since I visited there, the experience remains a treasured highlight. Some of our other members can doubtless give you more recent information, but I can suggest a good guide who knows Keidan well and can show you around: Regina Kopilevich at miregina@... . Also it would probably be worth it to contact the director of the local Kedainiai museum, who has been involved with restoring the old synagogue buildings there. The last name I have is Rimantas Zirgulis, at email muziejus@...itel.net . If you have further questions or want additional contacts, email or call me.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2005
          Dear Andy,
                          Thank you for your prompt reply,and giving me the contacts,which will  help to make this trip a lot easier.
          Regards,