Re: [JewishKeidan] family roots

  • Josh Weinstein
    Message 1 of 5 , May 24, 2005
      Dear Cecil,

      Sorry, there is no obvious connection. You might look
      at discussion groups at jewishgen or go directly to
      the lithuanian archives(see messages at jewishkeidan).
      best wishes in your search.

      Josh Weinstein

      --- cz746 <zloti@...> wrote:
      > I am searching for family roots and information of
      > my father
      > born 1902 in Kaidanai. name Chaim Elya Zlotnick
      > His Father--- Eliezer Zlotnik
      >
      > His Mother----Feiges-Etos Zlotnik
      > Appreciate any information
      > Cecil Zlotnick

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Mail
    • Olga Zabludoff
      Message 2 of 5 , May 24, 2005
        Dear Cecil:

        I am coordinating a LitvakSIG project, the goal of which is to translate all of the Jewish vital records from Kedainiai/Keidan. We have birth records for 1902. They have not yet been indexed and obviously not yet translated. I will take note of your Zlotnick family names and will let you know if they appear in our records. We have everything that the Lithuanian State Historical Archives has as far as Keidan vital records. . The Mormon Church filmed the records at the Lithuanian Archives, and LitvakSIG acquired the complete sets of records from the Mormons.

        Olga Zabludoff
        Washington, DC
        oz@...

        cz746 <zloti@...> wrote:
        I am searching for family roots and information of my father
        born 1902 in Kaidanai.  name Chaim Elya Zlotnick
          His Father--- Eliezer Zlotnik
        His Mother----Feiges-Etos Zlotnik
           Appreciate any information
               Cecil Zlotnick

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • Morris Mirels
        Message 3 of 5 , May 25, 2005
          Dear Olga,
                        I too am searching for info on my mothers family, Markunsky date of birth             plus minus 1900.
          as well as my wife's mothers family Herr date of birth plus minus 1892.
          Await your reply,
          with thanks.
          M.Mirels

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 24, 2005
            Cecil:

            I came across a Zlotnick birth record in 1907. Same father and mother
            as below--but not your father. Must have been your father's sibling.

            Olga Zabludoff