RE: [JewishKeidan] Re: Crost family (Krost)

  • Barbera Levin
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 28, 2008

      Hi Olga,

      As you can see, I am going over old info re: Keidan. My parents were very friendly with Krosts in JHB, SA. I ALSO KNEW Cecil Krost many years ago in SA. If that will help Laraine?

      Barbara

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 28, 2008
        My father, who died earlier this year at the age of 92, was Joseph Zilberas (Silber in the US) and lived in Keidan until the war. His mother was Rosa Shternfeld, who was killed in the Holocaust with his aunt and uncle and most of their other relatives. I am looking for other Shternfelds (They would have other names since they were three girls and so had married names). I am in contact with the Lurie branch of the family in New Jersey who were cousins. Anyone?  Thanks, Sharon Silber

      • Edie Jerome
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 28, 2008

          Hi, my mom’s maiden name was Crost.  Cecil, Michael and Lionel were all brothers sons of Edith and Jack Krost.  I went to SA when I was 16 and visited with them.  They frequently stayed with us on their USA trips, and I email quite often.  If I remember correctly Jack Krost was my grandfathers first cousin.  I am interested in finding the Krost family in Cuba and Brazil.  Where are you located?  I am in Illinois

          Edie Jerome, President

          Metro Mortgage Services, Inc.

          847 776 8070 or 847 776 8489 fax

          "Opening doors one loan at a time"

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
            Hi Barbara,

            Actually it is Edie Jerome, not Laraine Crost, who is looking for his
            Krost relatives. I hope he has read your message and that it may give
            him some clues.

            Thanks,

            Olga

          • MEKagan@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
              Dear Olga,

              Are you aware that the book about Keidan., published in Tel Aviv and S.A. in 1977,was edited by Josef Chrust who apparently has his roots in Keidan.The book lists among its publishers the Keidan Association in Israel. They might know how to contact Josef Chrust.

              Moshe KaganMEKagan@...

            • idoloans13@AMERITECH.NET
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 29, 2008
                Yes I got the message. Thanks
                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
                  Dear Moshe,

                  I have seen the Keidan yizkor book when I was in Israel. I wish I had a
                  copy though. It was a very large book as I recall. I did not remember
                  that it had been edited by Josef Chrust. Do you know if the Keidan
                  Association in Israel actually still exists?

                  Olga